Tennessee State Flag

Train Depot
Thompson's Station

This replica of the original depot was built in 1993 with monetary donations as well as donations of material and labor from many different area organizations and individuals. Materials were selected to comply as nearly as possible with the original structure that stood here for almost 100 years.

The depot was called Thompson's Station in honor of Dr. Elijah Thompson who donated the land on which the village was built. Farmers drove their animals and products down the gravel roads to this depot for shipment to Franklin, Nashville, and other markets throughout Williamson County and Middle Tennessee. Early photos of the depot show that a loading ramp for cattle was attached to the end of the depot.

The original depot built in the 1850's was destroyed during the Battle of Thompson's Station in March 1863. It was rebuilt in 1866 and continued to serve the area until it was torn down in the 1950's.

Flowers