The following Family Histories have been taken from the book by Sue Oden titled "Hold Us Not Boastful - History of Thompson's Station, TN." This biographical collection includes 86 histories of pioneer families of Thompson's Station and Southern Williamson County. The stories are about families who are proud of their roots and their place in history. We hope that you will be able to connect your roots with ours, and become part of us
If you are just beginning your search, this will be a good place to start.
Please note the following:
"The correctness of this biographical material cannot be guaranteed. It was obtained through interviews with family members, research they had done and my own research at the Williamson County Archives. Research in such detail is always subject to error. Everyone must validate the facts for their own use."
Individual Family Histories are found on the following pages:
A B C D E/F/G H/I/J/K/L M/N/O
P/Q R S/T U/V/W/X/Y/Z
W. Thomas Sanders, who died in 1926 in Harrison, Mississippi, and his wife the former Camantha Sanders (1849-1927) were distant cousins. They owned a hundred acre farm near Smyrna in Rutherford County where their six children were born. They were Lola (1871-1952) who married Lafayett Coleman, Elmore L. (1873-1945) and Elwood (1873- died young) who were twins, Oscar Meredith (1878-1957) who married Mary Armenia (Arra) Knox (1882-1968) December 14, 1904 in Rutherford County. The parents of Arra Knox Sanders were James Carroll Knox (1852-1916) and the former George Anna Jakes (1879-1926) who were married about 1876 in Rutherford County. Two other daughters of Thomas and Samantha Sanders were Sally Kate (1886-1967) and Maggie C. (1875-1959) who married Walter S. Williams.
Oscar Meredith and Arra Knox Sanders had the following children: Grace (1905-1936), Claude Houston (b. 1909), Oscar Carroll (b. 1921), Harry Lee (b. 1923) and Larry B. (b. 1923), twin of Harry Lee.
When Oscar Meredith Sanders was about seven years old his family moved near Walterhill, Tennessee just north of Murfreesboro. After he and Arra Knox married, they lived with his mother for a year then decided to seek their fortune in the west. They went with their baby daughter, Grace, to Lawton, Oklahoma. Their second child, Claude, was born in Lawton where they remained for six years. After many droughts and hail storms had ruined their crops, the couple sold out and returned to Tennessee buying 119 acre farm near Readyville in Rutherford County. They remained there for five years.
Mr. H. T. Overall offered his farm of 114 acres at Thompson's Station for sale at public auction in 1912. It was located on West Thompson's Station Road past Buckner Lane going toward Lewisburg Pike. Sanders was in the crowd and bought it for $12,800. He built a five-room house on a pretty shady spot close to the road and moved his family there. It was here his other three sons were born, Oscar and Harry and Larry, the twins. This was where the children grew to adulthood.
Grace married William R. Gillespie July 22, 1926 and had four children: George Randall who married Jean Reynolds, William who married Louise Garrett, Blythe Core who married Betty Jean Reed and Mary Armenia who married John Williams. Grace died at 31 years of age. Claude married Annabel Nichols January 8, 1933, daughter of William Thomas and Lillie Belle Marlin Nichols. In 1940 Claude began operating the 330 acre farm on Buckner Road, known as the Robert Kittrell place. It was built by James W. Harrison who founded the Williamson County Bank and Trust Company. James W. Harrison was the grandson of William Harrison, Sr. who was sheriff of Williamson County from 1836-1842. William Harrison, Sr. married Jane Renfro on April 25, 1819 in Maury County, Tennessee. This place was later owned by Mr. Kittrell's daughter, Mrs. Beaumont (Minnie Clare) Anderson. Claude sold this farm to Bob Finley and moved to what was known as the Swann place on Buckner Lane. The Finley place was later sold to Ernest Blankenship.
Two children were born to Claude and Annabel, Claude Houston (Hugh) Sanders, Jr. and Carol Ann. Hugh married Emily Jones and had Brian Hugh and Robert Bradley. Brian married Sherry Ann Jackson, daughter of Jimmy and Cherry Jackson, and had Katherine Annabell. Brad married Leecy King and had Colton Allen and Kelsey Jo.
Carol Ann Sanders married Leland Noland and had two daughters: Valerie Kaye Noland who married Donald Rogers Carpenter, Jr. and had Austin Carpenter; and, Faye Suzanne Noland who married Jesse M. (Buddy) Wisener, Jr. and had Noland Carpenter.
Oscar Carrol Sanders married Eva Grace Cole on November 15, 1946. Grace was born April 28, 1925 in Columbia, Tennessee to Edward D. Cole (1876-1971) and the former Cordelia Tucker (1880-1960). They have two children: Daryl Wayne Sanders and Debara Lynn Sanders who married Harry Eads, III. on May 23, 1987.
Harry Lee Sanders married Nellie Mae Sawyer, daughter of wilton and Nellie Reese Sawyer on May 9, 1945. Their children are: Harry Lee Sanders, Jr. who married Amy Hamilton; Linda Gail who married Sam Long; Edward Meredith who married Pamela Heithcock; and, Sandra Ann who married Michael Tomlin.
Larry B. Sanders married Sara Carr, daughter of Joe and Lyra Morton Carr, on November 20, 1943. Their children are: Larry B. (Billy) Sanders, Jr.; Martha Frances Sanders who married Hobert Matthews; and, Brenda who married a Sink, first name unknown.
Billy (William Hamilton, Sr.) and Dolly (Frances Jessie Green) Sedberry are well remembered by the older residents of Thompson's Station. In 1926, they bought "Hilltop Manor", the two story brick house on Sedberry Road which was built by John Neely in the early 1800s. The Sedberrys raised their family and lived there until Mr. Sedberry died in 1969. Their children are William Hamilton Sedberry, Jr., Barbara Faye Sedberry Turns, James Franklin Sedberry (deceased), Jessie Zulieme Sedberry Sykes and Frances Carline Sedberry Pipkin.
The parents of Billy Sedberry were James Hamilton Sedberry and the former Zulieme Clifton Johnson. James Hamilton Sedberry kept a general store at Thompson's Station for many years. He once said he could look out the front door of the store onto the battlefield, where the Battle of Thompson's Station took place, and see where Benjamin C. Sedberry, his father's first cousin, fell as he was mortally wounded. Benjamin served in the Confederate Army in a Tennessee Regiment anddied in the Battle of Thompson's Station. James Hamilton Sedberry wrote three books, the most notable being Under the Flag of the Cross.
Billy Sedberry's paternal grandparents were William Gaston Sedberry and the former Eliza Timmons. His maternal grandparents were James Johnson and the former Caledonia Jane Brooks, all of Maury County.
The Sedberry family came from England to America, immigrating from Virginia into North Carolina near Troy. Mr. Sedberry's great grandfather was also a William Sedberry (1777-1856) who married Lucy Fraser, probably in Montgomery County, North Carolina and moved to Maury County, Tennessee in 1834. William had seven brothers: John (b. 1770), James H. (b. 1776), George (b. 1778), Miles (b. 1781), Seth Miller (b. 1784), James Merritt (b. 1787) and David (b. 1793). One sister, Elizabeth, married Thomas Fraser. William Sedberry's parents were George Sedberry (1750-1800) and the former Mary Birdsong. George's parents were John Sedberry (1730-1808) and Sally, last name unknown.
John Sedberry (1730-1808) was born in Amelia County, Virginia. He married Sally about 1750, possibly in Botetourt, Virginia.
Billy Sedberry was born in Thompson's Station and lived his entire life there. He received his education from the Thompson's Station School and Branham and Hughes Military Academy at Spring Hill. He served his country in World War I and was ready to leave for Europe when word was received that the war was over.
The first William Sedberry moved to the Columbia area about 1834 where his son, William Gaston, and his grandson, James Hamilton, were born. James Hamilton moved to Thompson's Station in the late 1800s from Godwin Station in Maury County, Tennessee. He bought the house on the corner of Thompson's Station Road and Old Thompson's Station Road across from Virginia Nichols' home.
He later bought the house on Columbia Highway at Sedberry's Curve which burned some years ago. James Hamilton and Zulieme Sedberry had three children: James B. Sedberry who married Marnie Byars; Billy Sedberry who married Frances Jessie (Dolly) Green; and, Katherine Sedberry who married Raymond Folly Overall.
Dolly Sedberry's parents were Frank W. Green and Jesse Towne. Frank Green was a glass blower by profession in Muncie, Indiana. When business began to slow in Muncie, he and his family would go to Texarkana, Arkansas where another glass factory was located until business picked up again in Muncie. When in Texarkana, the family stayed at Mother Smith's Boarding House where the Sedberry family also stayed while marketing the portable JayBee feedgrinder, which Mr. Sedberry had invented. Another of his inventions was an automatic choke on a gun to focus the bullet pattern. After meeting this way for several years, Billy and Dolly were married on November 29, 1923.
Billy Sedberry was a talented man. He was an internationally known taxidermist, hunter, marksman, gunsmith and fisherman, as well as an inventor.
His skill as a taxidermist achieved a reputation of such high regard in the field that the city of Kenya in Africa asked him to move there to mount animals killed by hunters on tourist safaris; however, he chose to remain in Thompson's Station. For a number of years he was commissioned to mount native birds and animals for the State of Tennessee for exhibit in the State Museum.
In 1938, Sedberry's talent as a marksman was acknowledged when he lost by only one shot in the run-off for the state outdoor trapshooting title.
Billy Sedberry made his own fishing rods and fishing flies. At one time, he made these in large quantities for the sporting goods department of a Nashville retail store.
Probably one of the most endearing qualities of this gifted man was his continual good humor. One day, two small boys were touring his taxidermy exhibits. As they passed an old gentleman asleep in a chair, Sedberry noted that the man's lower plate had slipped out of his mouth. Turning to the boys, he cautioned them solemnly, "Don't touch that one. I haven't finished with him yet." Dolly Sedberry was a kind and gentle woman unruffled by any crisis, even the appearance of a dozen unexpected extra guests for dinner. She was always in control of any situation which might arise. She died in 1976.
The Sedberrys are remembered with much affection as a talented and ingenous pair. They leave nine grandchildren; Barbara Hoover, Frances Sweeney and William Hamilton Sedberry, III, deceased; Debbie Sedberry and James Franklin Sedberry, Jr.; Lajuana Whitwell and James Edward Pipkin, Jr.; Ronald Green Sedberry, deceased, and Suzanne Harris.There are also nineteen great grandchildren and three great, great grandchildren.
John Smith, a native of Virginia, came to Flat Creek in Williamson County in 1809. He had a son, William M., that same year who later married Margaret, last name unknown. She was born in Tennessee September 26, 1814 and died November 30, 1857. William M. Smith died about 1872. William M. and Margaret Smith had a son, Samuel A. (Doad) Smith (b. 1844), who was in the Civil War and fought at the Battle of Franklin.
Samuel A. Smith married Mary F. Smith, daughter of William N. and Martha Giles Smith. They had four children, William N. (b. 1867), Margaret A. (b. 1870), Annie Inez (b. 1873) and Jennie P. Smith (b. 1875). When Samuel A. Smith's wife, Mary F. Smith, died he married Louella Chrisman, daughter of David V. and Lydia Dunlap Chrisman. The second marriage brought four children, Samuel D. (b. 1880), Effie Myrtle (b. 181882), Clarence M. (b. 1886) and William Kelly Smith (b. 1891).
The second wife died and Samuel A. Smith then married Mattie Giles Tucker, daughter of Nicholas P. Giles. She was the widow of George Tucker.
Samuel D. Smith, the first son of Samuel A. and Louella Chrisman, married Mary Etta Smithson (1884-1946), daughter of Clement and Frances P. Giles Smithson. Samuel D. and Mary Etta Smith had eleven children: Robert Winston; Lillian G.; Ella Mai who married James Alexander Hamilton (Jim) Porter; Fannie Myrtle; Samuel Aaron who married Margaret Crump; Claude W. who married Stacey Lowe, James B. who married Peggy Hughes, Walter Kenneth was killed in World War II, Roselle and Estelle (twins) who only lived a few days, and Coy who married Jessie Price.
Fannie Myrtle, Lillian and Ella Mai are the three Smiths who lived in Thompson's Station. Lillian was an employee of the State Department of Revenue. Fannie Myrtle was bookkeeper for the National Stores which was in Franklin, Tennessee for many years. Ella Mai was married to the late Jim Porter who was descended from the Fitzgerald and Stephens families.
In an interview he did for a newspaper, Porter remembered Thompson's Station once had a bucket factory, a coal yard, a public scales, three stores and a drug store, "where some say alcohol could be purchased". Porter, only a child at the time, could not confirm that rumor one way or the other. "There was a modern three-story grain warehouse over there," Porter said, pointing west of the only remaining store. "The warehouse was built so you could drive your mules in on the second floor to unload grain and then pull up on the ground level to pick up processed flour."
Nancy (Nannie) Fitzgerald (1853-1917) was the daughter of John and Frances Fitzgerald. She and her two sisters, Elizabeth (Bettie) and Margaret (Molly) were raised on the Fitzgerald estate in the large house known as "Hilltop Manor" built in 1809 on Sedberry Road in Thompson's Station.
Nannie married Alexander Hamilton Stephens (1847-1918) in September of 1872. He was born in Holt's Corner, Tennessee, the only child of William Stephens (1826-1885) and the former Sarah Hartley.
No further record was found of Alexander until he married Nannie Fitzgerald. Nannie's father, John Fitzgerald, Jr., let the couple live on part of his 600 acre estate on what was called the old Steele place which contained a frame house and 166 acres then on Thompson's Station Road. This farm was deeded to Nannie in her father's will of 1884.
Alexander and Nannie Stephens were the parents of nine children: Inez who married James R. Barker; William who married Katie Lee Duke; Sarah Francis who married James Andrew Porter; Byron Voltaire who married Bula Robinson; Alexander who died as an infant; Vallie Lee who married first, Ethel Kelly and second, Esther Lee Ellis; Jack Stafford who married Mable Boyd; Elizabeth (Bessie) who married first, Amos Pagel and second, Earl Robinson; and, Irvin McEwen who married Sarah Robinson.
Sarah Francis Stephens (1878-1938) and James Andrew Porter (1871-1945), son of Joseph Robert Porter and the former Margaret S. Pickle, were the parents of James Alexander Hamilton (Jim) Porter (1915-1989) who married Ella Mai Smith, daughter of Samuel A. Smith and Mattie Giles Tucker.
Jim and Ella Mai Porter were active in the community, supporting the school, church and community activities. They were the parents of two children, Martha Ann Porter, who was previously married to Harold P. Irwin, and James David Porter, who married Katrean Walton. (See Porter Irwin Family).
The Stephens homeplace is at 1834 West Thompson's Station Road, the present home of Dewey Garland.
William Howard and Annie Foster Swann were well known residents of Thompson's Station in the early 1900s. Mr. Swann was from Scott's Mill in Maury County, Tennessee. The Fosters were from Columbia, Tennessee, also in Maury County. William and Annie Swann lived at the farm now owned by Claude Sanders on Buckner Lane in Thompson's Station.
The Swanns had one child, John Fleetwood Swann, named after Mrs. Swann's brother, Fleetwood Foster. The Swanns adopted a child of Mrs. Swann's sister, Mrs. Adrian Anderson. The child was named Foster Swann. Foster grew up in Thompson's Station, became a teacher and taught at Bethesda School for some years.
John Fleetwood Swann married Evelyn Louise Larkins, daughter of Samuel Bard Larkins and the former Lillian McCannon of Muelenburg County, Kentucky. Other children of this couple were Olen and Loren who were twins; Samuel Bard, Jr.; James; Carroll; Erwin; Martha who married N. A. Collie and lived in Redlands, California; and, Eula who married F. P. Bridges and also lived in Redlands.
John Fleetwood Swann attended a mortition school in Nashville and was associated with Roesch-Patton Funeral Home for over 50 years. Evelyn Swann took her training at Protestant Hospital, now Baptist Hospital, graduating as a registered nurse in 1929.
In early days, Fleetwood and Evelyn Swann would go fishing with James and Alice Sedberry Burch, their very good friends. When Fleetwood died, Evelyn Swann married Carl W. Vinson and they made their home at 4174 Columbia Highway.
EDWARD SWANSON FAMILY
Edward Swanson was born December 28, 1759 in North Carolina and died September 26, 1840 in Williamson County, Tennessee. He married first in 1780 at Fort Nashborough, Tennessee, Mary Luny Carvin (1761-1814) and second Polly Allen, 1823, Franklin, Tennessee.
Swanson served as a soldier and patriot and resided in Davidson County, Tennessee during the Revolution. His children by his first wife were Peter who married Elizabeth Tarkington, January 8, 1809; Richard, born December 8, 1790 and married Deborah Tarkington, 1810; James, born 1804 and Edward. Children by his second wife were Adelia, born January 31, 1828, married a Mayberry; Robert, Ira and Nancy. Swanson left a will written in 1838.
The Swearingen name is unfamiliar in Thompson's Station because it is the maiden name of a newer resident. Before Susie Brooks married Robert Lewis Brooks, her name was Susie Swearigen, daughter of Edgar Samuel Swearingen (1876-1954) and the former Lessie Martin.
Susie Brooks and the late Robert Lewis Brooks are the parents of Mrs. Jimmy (Cherry Lynn) Jackson and Mrs. Collier (Robbie Sue) Dawson. The Jacksons are the parents of Mrs. Brian (Sherry Ann) Sanders and the grandparents of Katherine Annabelle Sanders. The Dawsons are the parents of two daughters, Grace Scott and Kim Phillips, and the grandparents of Lala Scott.
Edgar Samuel Swearingen (1876-1954) was born in Davie County, North Carolina. He emigrated to Weakley County, Tennessee about 1891. On March 25, 1900 he married Lessie Martin, daughter of Robert Martin and Betty Pitts. Lessie had one sister, Susan, and three brothers, Hiram, Robert and John.
Edgar and Lessie Swearingen farmed in the Corinth Community between Sharon and Dresden, Tennessee. In later years, they moved to Sharon where Edgar was town marshal. He was a deacon in the Baptist church and is buried in Sharon Cemetery. This couple had nine children: Ruth who married Sidney Prince and had three children, Hazel, James and Betty; Raymond married Lou Nell Frazier and had no children; Edna never married; Russell married Mary Alice Campbell and had three children, Russell, Don and Diana Kay; Susie married Robert Lewis Brooks and had two children, Robbie Sue and Cherry Lynn; Clarence married Ruth Hawks and had one child, Gail; Albert married Dorothea Haug and had one daughter, Margaret Sue; Katie Lou married Maurice Smith and had no children; and, Charles married Sylvia Kelley and had two children, Charles Kelley and Stephanie.
Edgar Samuel Swearingen was the son of Samuel T. Swearingen (1831-1891) and the former Paulina Smith. Samuel and Paulina had another son, Millard. Samuel T. Swearingen had previously married a Miss Griffith and had three children by her. She was killed by lightening in 1867.
Samuel T. Swearingen was born in Stanley County, North Carolina. In 1858 he moved to Davie County, North Carolina and settled near Farmington. He served in the Confederate Army in a North Carolina regiment and was a farmer and a member of the Yadkin Valley Baptist Church.
Samuel T. Swearingen was the son of William Swearingen (1785-1861) who married an Ivey, first name unknown, about 1810. He enlisted in the War of 1812, but peace was declared before he reached his command. He was Justice of the Peace and for several years was Chairman of the Special Court of Stanley County. He was a farmer and raised 12 children.
William Swearingen was the son of John Swearingen (1743-1807) who was born in Montgomery County, Maryland in the area that is now downtown Washington, D. C. He emigrated to Fayette County, Pennsylvania where he married Elizabeth Shankle.
At the outbreak of the Revolutionary War William joined the Continental Army, serving as a teamster with a wagon train. At the close of the war, he moved to North Carolina and settled on the west side of the Great Pedee River, in what was then Montgomery County, but is now Stanley County.
The children of John Swearingen were: John who moved to Mississippi and lived near Oakland in Yalobusha County; George who moved west and died of cholera; Elizabeth who married a Thompson and remained in Stanley County; Zealphia who married a Shankle and remained in Stanley County; Elijah who married a Swaim and moved to Morgan County, Indiana; Samuel who married Martha Cothen and moved to McKenzie, Tennessee; and, William who remained in Stanley County and married an Ivey.
John Swearingen was the son of John Swearingen who was born about 1700 in St. Mary's County, Maryland. He emigrated to Montgomery County, Maryland and settled on Rock Creek where he raised four boys and several girls. The boys were Thomas who remained on Rock Creek where he raised a family of 25 children; Van who emigrated to Bath County, Virginia and raised five boys; Samuel who emigrated to Beaver County, Pennsylvania and raised seven children, William, Mary, John Van, Thomas, Samuel, Brazil and Zachariah; and, John who married Elizabeth Shankle.
John Swearingen (b. 1700) was the son of Zacharias Swearingen (b. 1662) who was born at New Amstel (now New Castle), Delaware. When he was about two years old his parents moved to St. Mary's City, Maryland. Zacharias Swearingen had four sons: Thomas who emigrated to Shepherdstown, Virginia; Van who emigrated to Washington County, Maryland and settled on land near Hagerstown; John (b. 1700) and Samuel who emigrated to North Carolina, first to Edgecombe County, then to Montgomery and finally to Anson County.
Zacharias Swearingen was the only son of Gerret van Sweringen, (which is the original spelling of Swearingen) who was born in 1636 in Beemsterdam, Holland. In 1659, he married Barbarah de Barrette who was born at Valenciennes, France. They had two children, Elizabeth and the above mentioned Zacharias.
In 1664, Gerret and his family immigrated to St. Mary's City, which was Maryland's first capital. About this time the spelling of his first name, Gerret was changed to Garrett. The "van" was dropped and an "a" inserted in the last name to accomodate his name to the English language, thus his name became Garrett Swearingen. He probably spent the remainder of his life in the vicinity of St. Mary's City, Maryland.
DR. ELIJAH THOMPSON FAMILY
According to The Tennessee Gazeteer by Eastin Morris and another book, Tennessee Postoffices and Postmaster Appointment, 1799-1984, Thompson's Station was originally called "White House" from 1833 until 1836 when it was changed to Littlebury after the postmaster at that time, Littleberry R. Starks. When Dr. Elijah Thompson gave the land on which the village was built, the name was changed to Thompson's Station in 1856.
Elijah Thompson was born July 5, 1805 in Campbell County, Virginia, the son of John Thompson (1775-1859) and his wife, Elizabeth (c. 1770-1854). They are buried on a hill on the north side of the Harpeth-Peytonsville-Arno Road with Fleming family members.
A deed in 1812 shows John Thompson buying 2000 acres on the headwaters of the West Harpeth River in Williamson County from Jesse Jones, Jr.
In his will, written 47 years later, John Thompson divided his large holdings among his sons, Absolom, Elijah and George W. and his sons-in-laws, Samuel Fleming, Sr. and William Fleming, Sr. Mixey Thompson had married William Fleming in 1815 and Jane Thompson had married Samuel Fleming in 1819. Mixey and
William Fleming had five children - Elizabeth, Samuel, Elmyra, John Thompson and William. This family's home was "Sunnyside" which was on Columbia Highway at the Goose Creek By-Pass before it burned several years ago. This is the same "Sunnyside" occupied by the Beaumont Anderson family in later years.
Elijah Thompson was a prominent state legislator, physician and planter. He lived on the farm now known as Laurel Hill on Columbia Highway before establishing a home in this community on the east side of the turnpike, afterwards owned by Dr. Hiram A. Laws, who had married one of Dr. Thompson's daughters, Mary Emma Thompson.
He "read" medicine under Dr. William G. Dickinson of Franklin and received his medical degree in 1830 from Transylvania University in Lexington, Kentucky. He was elected to the Medical Society of Tennessee and practiced medicine and farmed at Thompson's Station.
Dr. Thompson was also a teacher of medicine and five of his students are known; Samuel Fleming, William Fleming, Isaac House, William Thompson and David H. Dungan, another son-in-law.
Dungan's wife, Alice Thompson, was the young girl who saw the color-bearer of the Arkansas regiment fall during the Battle of Thompson's Station and rushed to take up the flag and waved it over her head, shouting encouragement to the Confederate troops.
Dr. Thompson served as a surgeon during the Civil War. Dr. Hiram A. Laws, III, one of his descendants, has one of two brass candlesticks which were held on each side of the operating table to enable him to operate at night.
Dr. Thompson was married three times - in 1826 to Amelia H. Buford, in 1841 to Mary Ann Riley and in 1863 to Susan E. Elbeck. His ten children were born during his second marriage.
He served in the 23rd and 28th sessions of the House of the Tennessee General Assembly and was responsible and faithful in carrying out his duties.
Dr. Thompson died May 11, 1871, in his 66th year after a protracted and very painful illness and is buried on the old homeplace now located on West Thompson's Station Road.
He was buried with Masonic honors, about 65 Masons being in the procession, consisting of parts of the Spring Hill, Bethesda and Franklin lodges. The burial service was performed by the Franklin Lodge at the request of the Spring Hill Lodge.
The religious services were conducted by the Rev. Thompson, a nephew of Dr. Thompson and by Dr. Hanner of Franklin, assisted by Maj. N. F. Cheairs of Spring Hill and others. Prayers were offered by Dr. Malley.
If Dr. Thompson had diligently collected from his patients, he would have been one of the wealthiest men in the county. He was loved by all who knew him and, it may be, this to him was the best pay of all.
Your Williamson County Coordinator
Noel C. Matthews
Return To Thompson's Station Main Page
Return To Williamson County Home Page
This page updated October 14, 2010.