McGavock Confederate Cemetery
Williamson Co TN
In 1866 the McGavocks donated two acres at Carnton for the reinternment
of the Southern dead killed at the Battle of Franklin. Today the United Daughters of
the Confederacy maintain the graves of 1,481 Confederate soldiers. This is the
largest private Confederate cemetery in the country and is open to the public year
around. There is no charge for admission.