ALBUM

Carnton Plantation


Main Plantation House

Hundreds of wounded and dying soldiers were brought to this antebellum plantation home, which served as a field hospital after the Civil War Battle of Franklin, November 30, 1864. Bloodstains remain on the floors of this elegantly restored home. The 1847 vegetable and ornamental garden has been restored as well as the slave quarters, springhouse and smokehouse.

The largest private Confederate cemetery is located on the grounds, and holds the remains of over 1,400 soldiers killed in battle.

Guided tours of the house are available for a fee. For more information about Carnton Plantation click here.

September 26, 2001

County Coordinators
Noel Matthews
Darlene Anderson

Connect With Us
On Facebook

Adopt a County

ADJOINING COUNTIES

Cheatham | Davidson | Dickson
Hickman | Marshall
Maury | Rutherford

CONNECT With
TNGenWeb