The following Family Histories have been taken from the book by Sue Oden titled "Hold Us Not Boastful - History of Thompson's Station, TN." This biographical collection includes 86 histories of pioneer families of Thompson's Station and Southern Williamson County. The stories are about families who are proud of their roots and their place in history. We hope that you will be able to connect your roots with ours, and become part of us
If you are just beginning your search, this will be a good place to start.
Please note the following:
"The correctness of this biographical material cannot be guaranteed. It was obtained through interviews with family members, research they had done and research at the Williamson County Archives. Research in such detail is always subject to error. Everyone must validate the facts for their own use."
Individual Family Histories are found on the following pages:
A B C D E/F/G H/I/J/K/L M/N/O
P/Q R S/T U/V/W/X/Y/Z
Dr. and Mrs. William Jefferson Darby, Jr. have been outstanding citizens in Thompson's Station since moving to the community in 1969 from the Granny White Pike area in Nashville. They were married June 12, 1935 in Little Rock, Arkansas.
Mrs. Darby is the former Elva Louise Mayo who was born in Clarendon, Arkansas to Richard Watkins Mayo (1880-1955), a native of Somerville, Tennessee, and the former Emily Louise Thomas (1886-1973), a native of Roe, Arkansas. Elva Louise Mayo had a brother, Richard Watkins Mayo, Jr. who died at the age of 21. Three other children died in infancy.
Emily Louise Thomas was the daughter of Philip Emerson Thomas (1856-1928) (born in Milan, Tennessee and died in Little Rock, Arkansas) and the former Emma Frances Reinhardt (1858-1947) born in Hickory Plains, Arksansas and died in Clarendon, Arkansas. Besides Emily Louise, other children in the Thomas family were Albert, Mabel, Eldred and Elva Whitney, who were twins, Clarence, Philip, Jr. and William.
Dr. Darby is the only child of William J. Darby, Sr. (1890-1947) of Galloway, Arkansas and the former Ruth Douglass (1893-1991) of Jacksonville, Arkansas, daughter of James Harvey Douglass and the former Martha Jane Midgett. Ruth Douglass was born on a farm at Jacksonville. She never lost her interest in gardening and flowers even when she was well along in years.
Dr. Darby's paternal grandparents were also a William Jefferson Darby and the former Elizabeth Galloway. Their children were: William Jefferson (Will) Darby who married Ruth Douglas; James Darby who married first, Linnie Ball and second, Mitty Williams; Mary Darby; Oliver Darby; Ada Darby who married first, Charles Templeton and second, Jim Stricklin; and, Shall Darby.
Ruth Darby taught public school for four decades, beginning at the age of sixteen. She was a former elementary school principal in North Little Rock. She and Mr. Darby were married January 18, 1913 in Jacksonville, Arkansas.
Dr. and Mrs. Darby are the parents of three sons: William Jefferson Darby, III who is married to the former Rebecca Rutherford; James Richard Darby; and Thomas Douglas Darby who is married to the former Jan Teimer.
Dr. Darby is the world's foremost authority on nutrition and is the author of several books. His professional achievements are recorded more fully in Chapter 6.
Elva Darby has had many articles of historical interest published in the Williamson County Historical Journals. She has been active in many organizations including the Vanderbilt Women's Club, Vanderbilt Garden Club, Williamson County Historical Society and Pioneers' Corner.
Dr. and Mrs. Darby bought the three story, brick home built by Francis Giddens in 1809-1813 and have restored it to its original splendor. Together they wrote a history of this home and of the Francis Giddens family. It appears in the Williamson County Historical Journal Number 15.
The couple pictured here is one of the best known in Thompson's Station. For 38 years, if you had car trouble, L. D. and Mavis Davis were the two people you wanted to see.
The beginning of Davis Garage goes back to 1953 when they came to Thompson's Station from Lepier's Fork where they had married two years previously.
L. D. Davis grew up in Natchez Trace and Bending Chestnut where he and his brother, Garfield, were the sons of Willie Bowman Davis and the former, Banty Jones. Their paternal grandparents were William Riley Davis of Williamson County and the former Harriett Bowman of Waverly in Humphreys County. Their maternal grandfather, Commodore Jones of Hickman County, was known for his fiddle playing. When they were small, the Davis boys attended Mossy Springs school.
Three and a half miles, over the next hill in Bending Chestnut, Mavis Fox lived with her parents, Thomas Collie Fox and the former Jewel Warf. They operated a store there from 1921 until they died. Mr. and Mrs. Fox had six girls and two boys, the oldest being Mavis and better known as "Sister". When her nephews and nieces came along, she was "Aunt Sister".
Her paternal grandparents were Elijah Thomas Fox and Armento Warf. Her maternal grandparents were Felix Warf and Talitha Jane Parham. The Warfs had come from North Carolina and, very likely, the Foxes, also. Early neighborhood groups often migrated together.
Young Mavis attended school at Bending Chestnut and Hillsboro and was later a school teacher herself. She taught school at Naomi, Mossy Springs, Natches Trace, Boston, Fairview and Bending Chestnut.
The owners of Fox Brothers Sawmill are Mrs. Davis' brothers and the Fox Brother's Gospel Quartet are her nephews, sons of Gilbert Fox.
At the time the young Davis couple came to Thompson's Station, Mrs. Gus Watson owned the A. B. Church home and the entire corner where Country Corners Market and Davis Garage is now located. Mr. Watson had just died.
The Davises rented the corner building for $40 a month. Mrs. Watson built a lean-to shed on the back for them just large enough to hold one car. They borrowed a little money, bought a hand-wench wrecker, a few tools and they were in the repair business!
At that time Highway 31 was the route to the south and, being heavily traveled, had many automobile break-downs on it. There were not enough local customers then and the transient trade was the sustaining force.
Mrs. Cora Watson only lived ten months after her husband's death and having no children, all their property had to be sold.
Vester Early bought the corner property, the Davises bought the two acres behind that. Mr. and Mrs. James Taft bought the Watson home.
In 1954 Mr. and Mrs. Davis built their present garage building on their own property. In 1956 they built their house which they have added onto since.
Over the years they have had many good employees like Lonnie Love, Roy Griggs, Bill Stofell, Robert Bradford, Robert Pearigin and Garfield Davis who was with the garage from 1958 until 1976. Garfield was a good mechanic and a good man. These were some of the best years for Davis Garage.
Today Joe Costall, who came from Pennsylvania, is with the garage and has been for 16 years.
The Davises have three children: Larry David Davis, who married the former Judy Derryberry; James Edward Davis, who married the former Cheryl Lynn Harris; and a daughter, Barbara Ann Davis.
Jimmy and Cheryl are the parents of three sons: James Edward Davis, Jr.; Timothy Lee Davis and Joseph Allen Davis.
They attend Craigfield Freewill Baptist Church on Pinewood Road.
Davis Garage has discontinued their repair service and are only selling automobile parts. They felt led in this direction for several reasons. The newer automobiles require sophisticated testing devises. It is hard to find competent help trained in the use of these machines. The cost of training someone to do this type of testing is prohibitive.
Crawford and Mary Alice Peete Dean joined the Spencer Gary Class of the Thompson's Station Methodist Church in 1921. They lived in the stone house later owned by Park Huff. Crawford was born September 3, 1890 in Lewisburg, Tennessee and married Mary Alice Peete in 1916. Mary Alice died of a heart attack at her home in Thompson's Station on October 19, 1961. Mary Alice was a native of Macon, Georgia and a daughter of Dr. C. H. Peete and the former Annie Dungan. They had one son, Crawford Peete Dean.
The elder Crawford Dean had two sisters: Gladys (1892-1948) who was born in Arkansas, Missouri in 1916 and married David Dungan Peet and Dorothy (1897-1982) who married Riley G. Arnold in 1938.
Crawford, Gladys and Dorothy were the children of James Thomas Dean (1858-1928) who married the former Martha (Mattie) Crawford (1863-1913). This couple is buried in the Patton-Crawford-Sparkman Cemetery.
J. T. Dean was educated in Nashville, later engaging in a mercantile business at Flat Creek, Bedford County, Tennessee. He accepted a position as bookkeeper in the Lewisburg Bank and was elected cashier. He sold his interest in Tennessee and went to Arkansas City, Missouri and engaged in the insurance business, remaining there only a short while before returning to Tennessee. He organized a bank at Dayton, Tennessee and was made cashier.
J. T. Dean was the son of Peyton Smith Dean and the fomer Nancy Gulley, (daughter of James and Nancy Gulley of Snowhill, Alabama) who were married February 9, 1854. Peyton Smith Dean was the son and only child of Thomas Dean and was born in Tennessee November 25, 1830. He graduated in law at Lebanon, Tennessee but never practiced the profession, preferring the quieter life of a farmer.
Thomas Dean (1791-1881) married Cassandra Brewton (1792-1883) in South Carolina. They moved to Flat Creek, Bedford County, Tennessee where they were early settlers on a large tract of land, remaining there for the rest of their lives.
Thomas Dean was the son of Joel Dean, Sr. (1755-1842) and the former Mary Brockman (1759-1825). This family resided first in Virginia, then in North Carolina and later in South Carolina, probably in the Greenville District. In the Bible of his grandson, Col. Thomas Brockman, the death of John Brockman, Sr. (Mary's father) is recorded on August 13, 1825. He was probably about ninety years old.
Joel was the son of Charles and Ursula Majorbanks (or Marchbanks) Dean of Virginia. Charles came from England in the early 1700s.
In 1889 Benjamin Harrison was president, the Eiffel Tower was built, the first steam-powered tractor was produced and L.M. Singer Co. introduced the first electric sewing machine.
On Monday, September 30th of that same year, Sadie Stockard White was born in Williamsport. At 101 years of age, Sadie Deason was the oldest resident of the Thompson's Station community in 1991.
"Oldest resident" is definitely an inaccurate way to describe this dear, little woman with a twinkle in her eyes. Her marriage announcement in a newspaper in 1912 states, "The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. W.B. White of the Bear Creek Pike and is a very charming young woman of culture and refinement."
These words continued to apply to her into her old age. As she spoke, the independence and strength that had brought her so far were still apparent. She said her family always let her do as she pleased.
Miss Sadie's parents were Kathryn Bell King and William Brantley White. Her father was in the phosphate business. He was also the Sunday School superintendent at the Presbyterian Church where the family attended.
One of her first memories was of Marvin Gray giving her and her sister their first ride in an automobile. It began to rain, resulting in the occupants becoming thoroughly soaked, because there was no top on the car. Mr. Gray carried a cloth in the car to wipe the windshield.
As a result of this exposure, the little girl developed pneumonia which left her in a weakened condition for a long time. She was attended by Dr. Foggy and Dr. Kelso Shadden of Columbia. She remembers the doctors giving her a doll during her illness.
Because of her frailty, Sadie was unable to walk the one and one-half miles to Sawdust, where she would have begun school. Instead, her father furnished an upstairs room in their home with desks and other equipment, rounded up four more students and hired Hattie Hill as their teacher. After Sadie became strong again, she attended school at Concord.
Sadie's father bought a piano for $100 and hired a music teacher to come to the home to give her lessons. Since she already played the piano by ear, she never became interested in the lessons. She enjoyed playing her way.
Mr. White moved his family to Mt. Pleasant where Sadie attended high school. Mr. Bostick was the principal and Mrs. Bostick taught math. Sadie took Latin under Mr. Strayhorn. Her best friend, Jenny Bostick, was the daughter of the principal.
Another part of Sadie's marriage announcement reads, "Mr. John R. Cox and Miss Sadie White were quietly married this Thursday afternoon at the home of Dr. J.C. Molloy in the presence of only a few intimate friends. Immediately after the ceremony, Mr. and Mrs. Cox left in an automobile for a visit to the bride's sister, Mrs. A. B. Lavender at Thompson's Station. Mr. Cox owns a large farm on Bear Creek and they will move there at an early date."
John R. Cox's father, Henry S. Cox, was a physician of Columbia, Tennessee. Dr. Henry S. Cox was a son of John and Martha C. Evans Cox. Dr. Cox's father reared his family in Maury County and in 1863 was shot by a Federal soldier at his home. Martha Cox had died prior to the Civil War. Dr. Cox attended the Jackson College at Columbia and graduated as an M. D. in 1860 from the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia.
In 1866, Dr. Cox married the former Rebecca Martin. The couple had three children: John R. Cox, Ella Cox and Martin S. Cox.
Sadie and John Cox had three children on the farm on Bear Creek Pike; John R. Cox, Jr., Mrs. Tommy (Rebecca) Nichols and Mrs. James (Evelyn) Jackson). Mr. Cox rented the farm out and worked at one of the banks in Columbia. Unfortunately, after only eight years of marriage, he died, leaving Sadie with the three small children.
Two years later, she sold the farm and bought a place in Columbia. A friend persuaded her to come to work at the Columbia Creamery during her children's school hours. The creamery was on the corner of Garden and 11th Street.
Butter was packed in 50 pound containers. A leaver was pulled and butter was cut into quarters. Sadie wrapped the quarters in paper to be packaged. She worked quickly because the butter had to be kept cold.
After school, children would go to the creamery to get Eskimo Pies which were imperfect and could not be sold.
After two years at the creamery, Sadie's sister, Margaret (Mrs. Alvin B. Lavender), asked her if she would be interested in a position as assistant postmaster at Thompson's Station. She rented her house in Columbia for $20 a month, came to Thompson's Station and rented a newly decorated house which sat on the lot next to the A. B. Church home. She paid $10 a month rent for this house.
When she began to work in the post office, there was no electricity or water. Work was done by an oil lamp when artificial light was necessary. Sometimes Sadie built the fire in the coal stove. After the post office closed for the day, many people would come by her house and ask her to go back and get their mail for them.
She remembers Minnie Clare Kittrell (Mrs. Beaumont Anderson) riding up to the back door of the post office on her horse and calling out, "Cox, bring me my mail. There's no place to tie my nag."
William A. Mefford was postmaster at the time. He owned a farm and was partners with Billy Williams in the store. It fell to Sadie to do most of the post office duties.
There were no department stores as we know them today. One ordered what was necessary from Sears Roebuck, Montgomery Ward and Elaine Bryant. The post office was always filled with parcels for patrons to pick up. The packages were delivered COD and money orders were written for payments. Sadie worked here for 10 years.
She met Samuel Blythe Deason, who worked in Mr. Mefford's store and also helped with the mail. They were married in Franklin in 1928.
The Deasons ran a business on the southwest corner of Thompson's Station Road and Columbia Highway. It was a store, a service station with gas pumps and a garage with mechanic, Morgan Dotson. They lived in the Howard house on Thompson's Station Road, East. Later, they moved into the house on Thompson's Station Road, West. Sadie lived here until the death of her daughter, Rebecca (Becky) Nichols.
Sadie remembered her neighbors in Thompson's Station with great affection. There were Dr. and Mrs. A. Gibbs, Irene Moss Bales, Will and Ola Williams, Will and Bess Mefford, John Edward Howard, Fred and Jimmie Kinnard, Hugh and Mattie Dodson and George and Alidee Alexander.
Mrs. Jim (Inez) Barker was a seamstress and sewed for people from as far away as Franklin and Columbia. One did not go to the store and buy a dress like we do today.
Sadie remembers a meat market in Thompson's station run by Mr. Riggin from Burwood.
As busy as she had always been, Sadie found time to cook for her friends who experienced difficulties. One of her favorites was salmon croquettes. Three large cans of salmon cost 25 cents. This was something she could prepare that was different because everyone had their own cured meats. She cooked garden vegetables, corn meal muffins, chess and pecan pies.
She had made many beautifully appliqued quilts. She always read her Bible and kept up with the news. She watched game shows on television because they "kept her mind alert" as she said.
For Miss Sadie's 100th birthday, her family gave a tea to celebrate the occasion. Scores of friends and family members attended. She received a mailbox full of cards. There were flowers and candy.
Gov. Ned Ray McWherter and the people of Tennessee sent her the Centenarian Award for attaining 100 years of age. Bill Hall sent his Sunshine Award. Greetings arrived from Willard Scott of NBC's Today show.
Sadie Deason did not have an easy life. She outlived two husbands, two children and a much loved grandson-in-law. Upon the illness and death of her daughter-in-law, she took two small granddaughters to raise.
With each devastating blow, she picked up the pieces and struggled back, continuing to be an inspiration to all who knew her.
There are three grandchildren, Marnie Pewitt, June Williams and Barry Cox; three great grandchildren, Jim and John Pewitt and June Pratt; and three great, great grandchildren, Brantley and Bethany Pewitt and Max Beard.
William Fitzgerald (Bill) Dodson's roots in Thompson's Station go back to John Fitzgerald, Sr., his great, great grandfather. One of John Fitzgerald's daughters, Mary (Polly), had married a Dodson, whose first name was possibly Tim, and had the following children: Timothy W., Andrew J., Elizabeth and Bird Dodson. One of John Fitzgerald's sons, John Fitzgerald, Jr. had the following children: Elizabeth (Bettie), Nancy (Nannie), and Mary (Mollie).
Bill's grandparents were Timothy Dodson (1840-1909) who married his first cousin, Mary (Mollie) Fitzgerald, November 7, 1889. Their children were James Duesse Dodson 1891-1913, Percy Dickinson Dodson (1893-1916) and Hugh Bass Dodson (1896-1935).
Hugh Bass Dodson married Mattie Tabitha Allison (1897-1993) September 19, 1917. She was the daughter of Will and Nannie Allison of Linton, Tennessee. Hugh and Mattie T. Dodson had the following children: Mary Frances Dodson, William Fitzgerald Dodson and Hugh Bass Dodson, Jr. who married Martha Sue (Sudie) Inman. Hugh and Sudie Dodson had two daughters, Brenda Sue who married Joseph John Cretella, Jr. and Shirley Gail who married James Harper, Jr.
Brenda and her husband, John Cretella who had a fatal accident some years ago, have a son Joseph John Cretella, Jr. Shirley and James Harper, Jr. have two children, Hugh Dodson Harper and Christy Michelle Harper who married a Marson. The Marsons lost a baby daughter, Ashley Michelle, on June 2, 1996.
Zachariah Drake, born about 1775, was the son of John and Jean Neely Drake of Pennsylvania and Virginia. He married Rhoda Neely (1780-1839), daughter of John Neely of Hilltop Manor.
The children of this marriage were: James L. Drake who married first, Caroline McCartney and second, Mary D. (last name unknown); John Neely Drake who married his first cousin, Rhoda Ann Drake, daughter of Janes Franklin Drake and Agnes Neely; Lila Tennessee Drake who married Jacob Critz, Jr.; and Susan E. Drake who married Christopher McConnico, son of Garner McConnico, on November 25, 1822.
James L. Drake's children, all by his first wife, were Zachariah Mack Drake who married Mary E. Dodson November 1, 1855; William L. Drake who married Sarah Ann Baugh January 14, 1856; Susan E. Drake (1836-1908) who married Captain Jacob Thomas Martin October 23, 1853; Caroline (Carrie M.) Drake who married William Campbell Pope May 11, 1858; and Eoline (1848-1904) who never married. Also living in this household in 1850 was Rufus K. McCartney who was born in 1834. Rufus was an orphan under the guardianship of James L. Drake and possibly was the brother of Caroline McCartney. He later went to Texas.
Zachariah Mack Drake was the Z. M. Drake who had a drug store in front of the old Lavender-Kinnard house in the curve at Thompson's Station. Z. M. Drake and his wife, Mary (1848-1880), daughter of Presley and Mary Boyse Beach Dodson were the parents of three children: Etta, James L. and Mary Beach. James never married and both girls married men by the name of Bryan.
Z. M. Drake owned three tracts of land: five acres in Thompson's Station bordered by W. H. Moss and the railroad, twenty-three acres in Thompson's Station where he lived and 622 ¼ acres in Perry County, Tennessee.
Colonel Guilford Dudley, Sr. was born April 17, 1756 in Carolina County, Virginia. He died February 3, 1833 and is buried in the old City Cemetery. His wife was Anna Bland Eaton, daughter of General Thomas Eaton of North Carolina. Colonel Dudley left a will in 1832 naming his children: Virginia Dudley who married Thomas W. Cash, Judith Randolph Dudley who married Nicholas J. Long, Theoderic Bland Dudley, Thomas Eaton Dudley (1792-1836) and Guilford Dudley. Daughters' names found in other documents were Helen Lord, Mary Hill, Nancy Hickman and Frances Crockett.
There was a notice in the Western Weekly Review newspaper on February 3, 1832 concerning a school run by Judith Dudley Long which reads: "REVIVAL OF MRS. LONG'S SCHOOL - Mrs. Long tenders her respects to her former patrons and friends and informs them that she will open her school again on 12 March next the exercises of which she was compelled to relinquish last summer, inconsequence of her own bad health and from other causes. She will teach the same branches of learning as heretofore and at the same prices. Reading, writing, arithmetic, grammar, geography, rhetoric and ornamental needle-work. The first or lowest class of $6 per session; the 2nd at $8; and the third or highest class at $10 - and a half a load of fire-wood from each pupil. Judith R. Long."
Ramsom Dudley, brother of Colonel Dudley, was also a resident of the Thompson's Station area during the 1850s. These two men were sons of Christopher and Elizabeth Daniel Dudley. Christopher was Captain of the Militia during the American Revolution. At some point they lived near the Guilford Courthouse in North Carolina. In 1832, Colonel Guilford Dudley applied for a pension from the government as a soldier and officer of the Revolutionary War.
According to the 1850 census Ransom Dudley was born about 1769 in Virginia and probably died about 1853, as his name was not found on the tax lists after that year. He married Mary Anderson, born about 1771, also in Virginia.
Ranson and Mary Dudley had at least one son, Guilford Dudley, born about 1805 in Virginia. This Guilford married Matilda Vanter.
Guilford and Matilda Dudley had at least four children; Ransom Thomas Dudley (1829-1866); Christopher Dudley born about 1832 who married Sarah E. Foster; William Dudley born about 1834; John Dudley born about 1837; and possibly others. In the 1850 census, William and Mary Dodson and their son, Guilford Dotson, were living next door, which leads one to believe Mary may have been another daughter.
Ransom Thomas Dudley served in Naper's Battalion and the 10th Tennessee Cavalry during the Civil War. He was a cabinet maker by trade and married Mary Frances Lazenby (1846-1865), daughter of John and Sarah E. Lazenby. Mary Frances Dudley, daughter of Ransom Thomas and Mary Frances Lazenby Dudley was born November 2, 1863. Her mother died two years later.
After the death of his first wife, Ransom Thomas Dudley married Eleanor Jane Ragan (1840-1911) on December 20, 1866. She had previously been married to A. J. Pinkerton who was a Confederate soldier wounded at the Battle of Franklin and later died in a Federal hospital.
Eleanor Jane's parents were Joseph T. Ragan (1804-1877) and the former Eleanor Bateman (1804-1846), daughter of Evan and Amelia Bateman who were married August 28, 1796 in Terrell County, North Carolina.
Ransom Thomas and Eleanor Jane Dudley had the following children: Ransom Joseph Dudley (1869-1951) who married Susan Alice Hughes (1870-1931) on December 20, 1866, daughter of Andrew Jackson Hughes (1832-1889) and the former Mary Louise Cooper (1846-1936); Thomas Guilford Dudley (1868-1949) who married Hattie Young; Sally Blanche Dudley (b. 1873) who married McNairy Whitehurst and Mattie Olivia Dudley (b.1871) who married Thomas J. Leigh.
Ransom Joseph and Susan Alice Dudley had three children: Mary Louise Dudley (1903-1995) who married Henderson Brent; Eleanor Ransom Dudley (1905-1996) who married James Isaac Pewitt (1902-1974) on March 2, 1927; and Ransom Joseph Dudley, Jr. who was born April 5, 1908 and lived only a little over a month.
Eleanor and James Isaac Pewitt, son of Isaac Pewitt and the former Dena Louvenia Peach, had three children: Dr. James Dudley Pewitt born July 28, 1930 who married Betty Louise Hightower; Dr. Edward Gale Pewitt born July 12, 1932 who married first, Nina Elizabeth Lawwill and second, Evelyn Avey Sullivan; and Eleanor Ann Pewitt born August 10, 1939 who married first, Wendell Meacham and second, Richard Ezell.
Grandchildren are Guilford D. Ezell of Franklin, Tennessee, Christopher Ezell of Franklin, Kentucky, Ransom D. Pewitt, James P. Pewitt, and Thomas E. Pewitt all of Birmingham, Alabama, Susan P. Lewis of Clemson, South Carolina, E. Bradley Pewitt, M. D. of Chicago, Illinois, Bonnie P. Derylo of Appolo, Pennsylvania, Dudley P. Swiney of Champaign, Illinois and eighteen great grandchildren.
Dr. David H. Dungan is the young Confederate surgeon for the Sixth Cavalry who married Alice Jane Thompson, daughter of Elijah and Mary Ann Riley Thompson. The couple had at least four children, two of them, Mary Lillis Dungan and Elijah Thompson Dungan, died early in childhood. They are buried, with their mother, on the land formerly owned by Dr. Hiram Laws, across Columba Highway from Homestead Manor.
Two other children were Lucine Dungan and Annie Dungan. Annie married Dr. C. H. Peete. This couple had at least two children, Mary Alice who married Crawford Dean and David Dungan Peete who married Gladys Dean, a sister to Crawford Dean.
David Dungan and Gladys Dean Peete had two children, Dr. David Dean Peete and James Cola Peete. James Cola Peete was a Navy pilot who was killed in World War II.
Dr. David Dean Peete is a dentist in Falls Church, Virginia and furnished the information on this family. Dr. Peete married Margaret Eleanor Smith and has three children, Lindsley Diane Peete, David Dean Peete, Jr. and Edward Cola Peete.
Return To Thompson's Station Main Page
Return To Williamson County Home Page
This page updated October 14, 2010.