The records of marriage listed in the following pages come primarily from these nine original Scott Co marriage records:
- Scott County, Tennessee Record of Marriages 5 May 1854 - 19 Nov 1880
- Scott County, Tennessee Record of Marriages 29 Sep 1880 - 9 Apr 1893
- Scott County, Tennessee Record of Marriages 20 Oct 1881 - 2 Nov 1888
- Scott County, Tennessee Record of Marriages 16 Aug 1888 - 30 Aug 1890
- Scott County, Tennessee Record of Marriages 25 Mar 1893 - 7 Nov 1896
- Scott County, Tennessee Record of Marriages 7 Nov 1896 - 2 Aug 1900
- Scott County, Tennessee Record of Marriages 2 Aug 1900 - 29 May 1904
- Scott County, Tennessee Record of Marriages 3 Apr 1904 - 13 Sep 1907
Many of the records of marriage also com from a 4-part article in the FNB Chronicle called Abstracts of Scott County Marriages . . . From The Records Of The Scott County Historical Society. The SCHS has many loose marriage records that are not contained on the microfilms held by the Tennessee State Library and Archives or the Mormon Family History Center. The article appeared over four issues of the FNB Chronicle starting with Vol 4, No 1, Fall 1992 (1854-1868), continuing with the Vol 4, No 2, Winter 1993 (1868-1875) issue, Vol 4, No 3, Spring 1993 (1875-1877), and finishing with the Vol 5, No 1, Fall 1993 (1877-1880) issue.
Some records of marriage are also provided by visitors to this site. One group of marriage records, in particular, were found by Matthew Muse just prior to tearing down some buildings on his grandfather's land. Copies of these records only exist on this website.
Please send your corrections and additions. (I will only post marriage information dates when accompanied by a copy of the marriage bond, marriage license, marriage return, or divorce decree.)
The following pages are separated into ten-year blocks beginning with marriages solemnized in 1851. Each page is sorted by the husband's name (Last, First M). The wife's name is also formated as "Last, First M". Use your browser's find function to quickly find the husband's or wife's name you are interested in seeing. Be sure to click on those highlighted dates to see copies of the original source record.
Note: Marriages sometimes end in divorce. Check Divorce in Early Tennessee for a discussion on divorce laws and things to look out for when reading divorce decrees.
Scott Co, TN Marriages
This page was created by Timothy N. West and is copyrighted by him. All rights reserved.