Abstracted by Jonathan Kennon Thompson Smith
Copyright, Jonathan K. T. Smith, 2004

(Page 7)



February 1, 1833

MARY CALDWELL infant daughter of WILLIAM P. CAMPBELL died January 30, 1833.

MARY M. HILLIARD, administratrix of ISAAC and WILLIAM H. HILLIARD's estates, advertised that she would sell their perishables, January 30, 1833 [a continued announcement].


February 8, 1833

Colonel GUILFORD DUNLEY [DUDLEY], "a soldier of the Revolution," died February 3, 1833 in the 78th year of his age [in Williamson Co., Tenn. ]. [See page 73.]

WILLIAM O. JACKSON died in Davidson Co., Tenn., nine miles from Franklin, Tenn., Feb. 4, 1833 of cholera in the 28th year of his age.

VIRGINIA and RICHARD children of PETER R. RISON died January 21, 1833.

SUSAN AMANDA infant daughter of ELISHA DAVIS died February 3, 1833.

LUCY infant daughter of JAMES H. OTEY died "this morning," Feb. 8, 1833; scarlet fever.

JAMES H. infant son of JOSEPH H. FRY died "this morning," Feb. 8, 1833; scarlet fever.


February 8, 1833

JAMES COOPER married JANE ROEBUCK on a recent Wednesday morning; before nightfall of their marriage day, "they quarrelled and parted."

Notice to heirs and distributees of THOMAS OLD, dec., Williamson County, Tenn., that a petition would be presented in July 1833 to that county's quarterly court for partition of his entire estate, including a 162 acre tract of land; a 250 acre tract in Obion Co., Tenn.; 410 acre tract in Shelby Co., Tenn. Action taken by ELIZABETH H. McGEE, by her attorney, THOMAS L. DOUGLAS; MARY W. RUSSEL; SAMUEL A. HAMNER and wife; CHARLES W. OLD by guardian, S. A. HAMNER; THOMAS H. OLD; CHARLES B. PORTER and wife; ISHAM TROTTER and wife.


(Page 8)

February 15, 1833

From the Norristown HERALD:

We are gratified to learn that a stately and handsome monument has, at last, been erected over the grave of the revolutionary patriot, Gen. ARTHUR ST. CLAIR, by his masonic brethren of Greensburg, Pa., in the Presbyterian graveyard in that place. For years this spot, where repose the ashes of this brave but unfortunate general has been marked by nothing, save the thorns and thistles that have profusely grown over it. A more distinguished mark was due from his country. The monument is of an oblisk form and stands on a base of six feet square, rising 18 to 20 feet. The whole is surmounted by a handsome urn and bears the following inscription

(on the south side)

HE DIED AUGUST 31, 1818.

(on the north side)



February 22, 1833

The ship named "The Rival", commanded by WILLIAM WALLACE, sailed from Greenock to Oporto, November 22, 1832, with 38 crew men; it was totally lost near Galway, Scotland, Dec. 4, 1832. "The passengers (428 people) were chiefly mechanics, journeymen operatives, weavers and laborers, from almost every town and village in the west of Scotland but principally from Galway."

Williamson County Court, January Term, 1833
Tho. H. & Melville Wilkinson vs Elisha Davis & others

It appearing to the satisfaction of the court, that the defendants, Stephan Wilkinson and James Wilkinson are not inhabitants of this state, so that the process of the court could be served on them: It is therefore ordered, that publication be made in the "Western Weekly Review," a newspaper printed in the town of Franklin, for four weeks in succession, the last of which shall be one month before the next term of this court, requiring the said Stephen Wilkinson and James Wilkinson to appear before the court here, on the first Monday in April next to answer the petition, or the same will be taken for confessed and set for hearing exparte as to them.

A copy attest THO. HARDEMAN, Clerk
Feb. 15, 1833.

The petition was filed in the clerks office 18th December 1832, by Thomas H. Wilkinson, and Melville Wilkinson, by Thomas P. Carsey his guardian, charging that William Wilkinson died intestate in the county of Williamson about 12th Oct. 1830, leaving William Wilkinson, James Wilkinson, Stephen Wilkinson, Sarah Ann Wilkinson, Ann Eliza Wilkinson, now married to George Wilson, and Johnson Blakely Wilkinson, his children and only distributes, that Elisha Davis was at the October sessions 1830, of Williamson county court duly appointed administrator of the goods and chattels, rights and credits of said intestate, William Wilkinson; that said Davis has collected debts, hired out slaves, sold property &c and after allowing to said Davis the debts of his intestate and all necessary expenses, there will be something coming to petitioners, that there are the following slaves belonging to said estate, to be distributed in the hands of Elisha Davis viz: Tony, Joe Dry, Joe Craige, Yellow Joe, Ned, Jupiter, Sam, Tolbert, Claiborne, Prince, Young, Toney, Monroe, William, Frank, Ned, Phylleda, Phillis, Juda, ,Bella, Eliza, Cynthia, Sally, Jane, Sophia Ann, Mary Ann, Ann, Henry, John, and Louisa, that William Wilkinson was advanced by his father, the intestate, in his life time the sum of $4000, Stephen Wilkinson in the sum of $600, James Wilkinson $500; the petitioners pray that the defendant may answer, and that then distribution shares may be set apart and paid to them respectively.

Feb. 15th 1833


A slave child (boy), belonging to R. P. CURRIN, died February 2l, 1833; perhaps of cholera.

A black slave woman, "drunk", belonging to ALEXANDER C. EWING, fell into the Harpeth River and was drowned, February 17, 1833.


March 8, 1833

MARY JOANNE daughter of WILLIAM JOHNSTON, esq., Franklin, Tenn., died March 4, 1833.


March 15, 1833

CHARLES CARROLL infant son of WILLIAM MANEY died March 9, 1833.


(Page 9)

CAROLINE, aged about 9 years, a slave belonging to the estate of DAVID H. GUTHRIE, would be sold by ALBERT MARSHALL, administrator, on the public square in Franklin, Tenn., April 2, 1833.

From the Boston papers of Tuesday.

MOST MELANCHOLY. – DOUBLE SUICIDE. –Yesterday morning the bodies of Mr. John Carter and Miss Mary Bradlee were found suspended in the first chamber of her father's house (Mr. Samuel Braklee's (sic)) store on Washington street. They were hanging each in a handkerchief, tied to the same rope, and fastened to the hook of a scale beam. – They had mounted on two chairs, and it appears that Miss B. being shorter than Mr. Carter, they placed a box on her chair to elevate her to his height. It would seem that they had embraced each other, and then pushed away the support, as they were found hanging in close contact, face to face.
        Mr. Carter served his apprenticeship with Mr. Bradlee, and left him about three years since for New Orleans, where he entered into business. Mr. Bradlee wrote to him, some time last summer, requesting him to return and enter his store as an assistant in his business, offering him favorable terms. Mr. Carter returned, took his place and renewed a former intimacy with the daughter, to whom he was generally admitted to be betrothed, and permitted to visit and accompany her accordingly. Mr. Bradlee desired to retire from business. Mr. Carter entered into an unsuccessful negotiation to purchase the "stock and stand," with a view to immediate marriage. Not being able to accomplish his wishes, he resolved to return to New Orleans and renew his business there. Miss Bradlee was anxious to accompany him, but her parents refused their consent. The lovers were rendered mutually unhappy and in an hour of madness resolved to terminate their existence. The result we have told. They left Mr. Bradlee's house yesterday afternoon, under pretence of going to Trinity church. – Their parents worship at Mr. Pierpoint's. No alarm was felt for the absence of Miss Bradlee, as she was in the habit of accompanying Mr. Carter to his father's house, had often remained there over night with his sister. There are duplicate keys to the store, one of which Mr. Carter used.
        When the lad, whose duty it was to open the store, went there this morning he found that by inserting his own key, he had knocked out the other which was on the inside. On entering the store he found Mr. Carter's cloak on the counter, and thought all was not right, but did not go into the chamber where the bodies were found, until some time after. Mr. Carter left two letters, one directed to his father, the other to Mr. Bradlee; Miss Bradlee left one directed to her father, and all three were enclosed in one package.
        Mr. Bradlee is truly a bereaved and heart-broken man. But a short time since, his son and partner died of consumption; and last summer he lost another child by the parting of a wheel tire, as she was looking out of a carriage window in which they were returning from the country.
        A coroner's jury was immediately summoned & an inquest held upon the bodies of the deceased. – Their verdict was that they came to their death by hanging themselves by the neck, by mutual agreement. We learn from one of our curriers that about one o'clock yesterday morning, he heard as he was passing the store of Mr. Bradlee, the sound of voices within, and saw a light in the second story of the store.


March 29, 1833

ANDREW CAMPBELL married ELIZA CLARKE, Winchester, Tennessee, March 14, 1833.


April 5, 1833

DAVID YOUNGMAN married NANCY McMAHON, April 4, 1833.


April 19, 1833

JOSEPH PHILLIPS, nearly 80 years old, died on his farm in Williamson Co., Tenn., April 8, 1833; an American soldier at battle of King's Mountain [October 7, 1780] in the Revolutionary War.


April 26, 1833

Mrs. Z. B. wife of PRICE GRAY died April 19, 1833.

MARTHA wife of E. T. COLLINS, Franklin, Tenn., died in evening of April 14, 1833.


May 10, 1833

RHODA wife of E. NORTH, SR. died Williamson Co., Tenn., May 1, 1833 in the 59th year of her age.

DUNCAN ROBERTSON, Nashville, Tenn. bookseller, died May 1, 1833 in the 63rd year of his age. [On his large, obelisk tombstone in the old city cemetery, Nashville, his dates are inscribed: April 29, 1771-May 1, 1833.]


(Page 10)

May 17, 1833

JOHN MARSHALL, esquire, married MARGARET P. CAMPBELL, May 16, 1833.

PETER THRETT married FANNY THREATT, May 16, 1833.


May 24, 1833

SAMUEL M. PANNILL, formerly of Franklin, Tenn., died Sartartia, Miss., March 23, 1833, of cholera; in the 29th year of his age.

THOMAS H. EWING, former editor of the MISSISSIPPI WATCHMAN, Vicksburg, Miss., died there, May 7, 1833 of cholera.

JOHN WILKINSON, printer, formerly of Florence, Ala., died Vicksburg, Miss., May 5, 1833.

JANE, EMILY and JULIET daughters of Dr. J. W. HEGEMAN, Vicksburg, Miss., died May 7, 1833; his only children.

RUEL A. WATSON, Vicksburg, Miss. merchant, died May 7, 1833.

Capt. JAMES IRWIN, Nashville, Tenn., died at Paducah, Ky., May 10 or 17, 1833.


May 31, 1833

ELIZABETH wife of C. GARRETT died May 16, 1833 aged 29 years and 19 days [born in April 1804].


June 7, 1833

MARY wife of Major JOHN BOSTICK, Williamson Co., Tenn., died there, May 30, 1833. FRANCIS PORTERFIELD died of cholera, Nashville, Tenn., June 3, 1833.

SAMUEL GREER, SR. died May 27 or June 3, 1833 in his 83rd year of age; veteran of Revolutionary War; as taken from the Washington REPUBLICAN. [See page 73.]

JOSIAH NICHOLSON, president of branch bank of U.S. Bank, Nashville, Tenn., died in that city, recently, in the 62nd year of his age.

GEORGE HUGHES died Vicksburg, Miss., recently in his 31st year of age; of Williamson Co., Tenn.

JOHN RANDOLPH of Roanoke died in Philadelphia, Pa., May 23, 1833.

BIOGRAPHICAL DIRECTORY OF THE AMERICAN CONGRESS, 1774-1974, Washington, D. C., 1974, pages 1584-1585:

RANDOLPH, John, a Representative and a Senator from Virginia; born in Cawsons, Prince George County, Va., June 2, 1773; studied under private tutors; attended Walker Maury's School at Burlington, Orange County, Va., the grammar schools of the College of William and Mary at Williamsburg, Va., the College of New Jersey (now Princeton University) in 1787 and 1788, and Columbia College, New York City in 1788 and 1789; studied law in Philadelphia, Pa., but never practiced; elected as a State Rights Democrat to the Sixth and to the six succeeding Congresses (March 4, 1799-March 3, 1813); one of the managers appointed by the House of Representatives in January 1804 to conduct the impeachment proceedings against John Pickering, judge of the United States District Court for New Hampshire, and in December of the same year against Samuel Chase, Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States; unsuccessful anti-Madison candidate for election in 1812 to the Thirteenth Congress; elected to the Fourteenth Congress (March 4, 1815 March 3, 1817); unsuccessful candidate for reelection in 1816 to the Fifteenth Congress; elected to the Sixteenth and to the three succeeding Congresses and served from March 4, 1819, until his resignation, effective December 26, 1825; appointed to the United States Senate December 8, 1825, to fill the vacancy in the term beginning March 4, 1821, caused by the resignation of James Barbour and served from December 26, 1825, to March 3, 1827; participated in a harmless duel with Henry Clay on April 8, 1826; unsuccessful candidate for reelection to the Senate in 1827, elected to the Twentieth Congress (March 4, 1827-March 3, 1829); was not a candidate for reelection to the Twenty-first Congress; member of the Virginia constitutional convention at Richmond in 1829; appointed United States Minister to Russia by President Jackson and served from May 26 to September 19, 1830, when he resigned; elected to the Twenty-third Congress and served from March 4, 1833, until his death in Philadelphia, Pa., May 24, 1833; interment at his residence, "Roanoke," in Charlotte County, Va.; reinterment at "Hollywood," Richmond, Va.


June 14, 1833

ELIZA daughter of ISAAC WEST died June 11, 1833 in the 18th year of her age.

HENRY COOK. SR. died June 10, 1833 in the 78th year of his age; "a captain in the [American] army at Yorktown." [See page 73.]


(Page 11)

CHOLERA AT LEXINGTON, KY: --- an extra from the "Spirit of Washington" at Lexington, Ky dated on Friday, 7th inst., 10 o'clock, P. M. furnishes the following additional list of deaths from cholera, with accompanying remarks. The visitation at that place seems to have been decidedly more destructive than that at Nashville. -- Nash. Banner.

1. Mrs. Bunnell went to the country on the 5th, died on the 6th.

2. Mrs. J. G. Norwood, (not mentioned by us before,) confined a week ago, and though doing well, the first stages of the epidemic carried her off yesterday morning.

3. Mrs. Studman, taken on the 5th, died about 6 A. M., today.

4. Mrs. Peel, taken on the 5th, died this morning.

5. A negro woman, Susan Cook's, died this morning.

6. J. C. Noke, musician; just dead.

Several old cases are yet doubtful-- several are considered desperate -- many are convalescent.

Several new cases occurred during the night and this morning, but we believe the epidemic is sensibly abating, both as regards the number and virulence of the cases. The weather today is very sultry, with a brisk breeze, and scattered flying clouds.

EDWIN BUCKINGHAM, junior editor of the Boston COURIER, died "on his passage from Smyrna," May 18, 1833; "a young man."

The jailer of Williamson Co., Tenn., J. McDANIEL, advertised that JANE, aged about 21 years, "a very large and likely, tolerably black" had been "taken up" by RICHARD J. HILL; she said she belonged to JOHN MOSELY, about four miles from Hazle Green, Ala.; a black slave man, JIM, was also captured at the same time but had escaped.


June 21, 1833

BENJAMIN B. PRICHARD, Montgomery Co., Ky., born 1791, veteran of the War of 18l2, "now weighs 483 pounds."

THOMAS MONTGOMERY died Tuscumbia, Ala., June 17, 1833; a freemason.

THOMAS YEATMAN, esq., Nashville, Tenn., of the banking house of Yeatman, Woods & Company, died on board the steamboat, "Mount Vernon," on his way to Louisville, Ky., June 12, 1833 in the 45th year of his age; native of Pennsylvania and settled in Nashville in 1809. Buried in Louisville cemetery.


June 28, 1833

THOMAS HARDAMAN died Williamson Co., Tenn., June 3, 1833; born January 8, 1750; a framer of the [1796] Tennessee Constitution.

JOHN L. WHEATON died on the plantation of M. E. PHILIPS, Island of Curracoa, South America, May 19, 1833 aged about 28 years.


July 5, 1833

Died in Fayetteville, Tenn., Mr. GARVAN, aged about 50 years, June 23, 1833; HENRY MAYERS, aged about 45 years, died June 26, 1833; TABBY, black woman, died June 25, 1833 (slave of Dr. HICKMAN); Mrs. SOLOMON GULLET died June 27, 1833; NANCY KINGSLEY, aged about 6 years, died June 26, 1833; all of cholera.

Mr. LOSEY, steel manufacturer and Mrs. DOUGHARTY died of cholera in Pittsburg, Pa., recently.

BENNETT SYRUSS, living on headwaters of Mill Creek, Williamson Co., Tenn. found an iron gray horse; appraised at $25. [There are many estrays listed in the REVIEW.]


July 19, 1833

From the Florence, Alabama GAZETTE. General JOHN COFFEE born Prince Edward Co., Va., June 2, 1772; moved with his family when very young to North Carolina; he migrated near to Nashville, Tenn. in 1798; a member of a mercantile firm that failed, he lost most of his personal property as a result; was commandant of a regiment of Tennessee volunteers during the War of 1812; farmed in Tennessee until he was appointed Surveyor General of the public lands in Alabama in 1817 and in 1819 moved near to Florence, Alabama. Died recently. [In a biographical sketch of General Coffee, in the TENNESSEE HISTORICAL MAGAZINE, Nashville, volume 2, number 2, December 1916, page 264, it is written that he died "on his plantation, Hickory Hill near Florence, Alabama, July 7, 1833."]


July 26, 1833

Mr. BISHOP OLDHAM died Williamson Co., Tenn., July 25, 1833 aged about 58 years.

JOHN C. CRITZ died July 25, 1833 in the 32nd year of his age.


(Page 12)

CHOLERA [The text contains a copy of the original article which I have attempted to transcribe. This type is very difficult to read—L.B.]

The following is the number of deaths in Shelbyville and the immediate neighborhood, by cholera, since Saturday morning, June 26th up to this morning, July 16.

S. Y. Gready
Thomas C. Moore
James Ward
T. F. Asburn
Mrs. R. McClintock
Mrs. M. A. Watkins
Mrs. Amanda Monroe
Mrs. S. Winters
John Miller
John A. Marrs
Mrs. Marrs
John A. Marrs, jr.
James Davidson
James Ward
Mrs. B. Shaphard
Mrs. C. Shanks
Mrs. D. Dwyer
Mrs. J. Thompson
G?? Barett
Mrs. T. G. Flint
Mrs. Sol Dews
Mrs. J. Marshall
James Travis
John Sims
Mrs. W. B. Sutton
Mrs. J. B. Snodgrass
Mrs. James
John Braggs
John M. Cannon
Levin Marshal
R. Weldon
Mrs. G. Burditt
William Wallis
John Bradford, Jr.
Three children of G. W. Ruth
Eleanor, daughter of P. Brooks

Sophronia, daughter of John Mitchell
Lucinda daughter of Richard Davis
Infant daughter of John Marshall
John, son of Jeremiah Cunningham
Infant son of Thomas Willigham
John, son of John H. Anderson
Infant daughter of Thomas Willingham
Infant of William Brown
Amanda, daughter of Hugh Wardlow
Infant child of William Galbreath
Infant daughter of L. A. Boyd
The following are the blacks that have died, viz.
Zilphy, woman of Mrs. McClintock
Matilda, woman of W. B. Sutton
Rachel, daughter of R. P. Harrison
Catherine, negro girl of R. P. Harrison
Milly, negro woman of Mrs. Turrentine
Ann, negro woman of B. D. J??
Benjamin, negro man of P. Donnelly
Negro boy R. P. Harrison
Wyatt, Negro man of S. Thompson
Negro woman of Willis Cameron
Boy of R. P. Harrison
Harkless, boy of J. A. Maris
Linda, negro woman of R. T. Cannon
Matilda negro woman of Col. R. Cannon
Flora, negro woman of Peacock's estate
Saul, negro man of N. E. Caldwell
Saul, negro man of Moses Nelson
Negro child of R. P. Harrison
Vina, negro woman of Justice (??) Brittain
Will, negro man of P. Holland, sen.
Esther, negro woman of Mrs. Whitney
Negro child of H. M. Watterson
Black woman of G. Davidson

Whites, 76
Blacks, 33
Total 109


August 2, 1833

A slave girl [unnamed] in the employ of Mr. McKIOZA, Hardeman Co., Tenn., rented from the estate of JOHN H. SHEPPARD, was accused of drowning McKIOZA's five/six year old son in a barrel in early July. "She now stands comutted for trial."

MARY S. CANNON, Williamson Co., Tenn., died July 29, 1833.

From a letter to the editor of the REVIEW, dated from Vernon, Madison Co., Miss., July 21, 1833: ROBERT M. DAVIS died in Vernon, Miss., July 17, 1833 of congestive fever, aged 21/22 years old.

Colonel AARON BURR married Mrs. ELIZA JUMEL, at Harlem Heights, New York, June 24, 1833.


August 9, 1833

GEORGE C. infant son of GEORGE C. PORTER died July 27, 1833.


August 16, 1833

WRIGHT STANLEY died June 30, 1833, a Williamson Co., Tenn. magistrate; member of Baptist Church.

DANIEL WILKES died Williamson Co., Tenn., Aug. 14, 1833; "old and respectable."

WILLIAM GIBBES HUNT, native of Boston, Mass., died in Nashville, Tenn., August 13, 1833 aged 42 years and 6 months [born in February 1791]; surviving were his mother, sister, brother, widow and three infant children. [In August 23, 1833 issue, the REVIEW editor, JAMES HOGAN, praised HUNT as a scholar and politician.].


August 23, 1833

LOUISA wife of WILLIAM JOHNSON died August 19, 1833.

MARTHA wife of CHARLES B. PORTER died Haywood Co., Tenn., August 12, 1833.

Miss ELIZABETH GWINN died Williamson Co., Tenn., Aug. 2l, 1833 in the 18th year of her age.


(Page 13)

The Reverend GARNER McCONNICO, Baptist, died August 17, 1833; born in Lunenburg Co., Va., July 20, 1781; migrated to Tennessee in the winter of 1796/97; for many years a leading preacher in middle Tennessee; taken ill Aug. 8 and died August 17, 1833. [In the August 30, 1833 issue, McCONNICO's birth date was corrected to July 20, 1771.]

H. B. HYDE, executor of HARTWELL HYDE's will advertised for persons with claims against this man's estate to file same promptly.


August 30, 1833

H. S. ATKINSON married CHARLOTTE WHITE, Nashville, August 29, 1833.

J. R. NEWSOM, Williamson Co., Tenn. married SARAH RIDLEY, Rutherford Co., Tenn., Aug. 29, 1833.

ASA HAM married ZANE M. ROGERS, Franklin, Tenn., August 29, 1833.

JAMES ARMSTRONG married MARY MEBANE, August 29, 1833.

MARY daughter of JAMES ARMSTRONG died August 22, 1833; "a subject so young."


September 6, 1833

HUGH DEMPSEY married NANCY ALLEN, September 5, 1833.

THOMAS H. PERKINS married LOUISA FROST, September 3, 1833.

Colonel THOMAS WINGATE, veteran of the Revolutionary War, aged 83 years, married SUSAN CARD, aged 14 years, July 14, 1833 in Georgia Mills, New Jersey.

Colonel HARDEMAN OWENS, formerly of Columbus, Georgia, was killed by U.S. soldier in the Creek Nation, about 35 miles from Columbus, August 31, 1833. The U.S. marshal had attempted to remove Owens from the Creek Nation but in a situation in which circumstances were vague, he was shot and killed by soldiers who claimed he was running away.


September 20, 1833

ISAAC SHELBY GOFF born May 21, 1798, Williamson Co., Tenn., in the second family who had settled in that county (on March 14, 1798); served under command of General Andrew Jackson in the Seminole campaign; died in Big Black settlement, August 1833; married a daughter of WILLIAM DENSON and settled in Maury Co., Tenn. on a farm given him by his father; surviving were his widow and five children.

HELEN DUDLEY, administratrix of GUILFORD DUDLEY's estate offered for sale his former. residence, located on both sides of the main stage road from Franklin to Columbia, Tenn., almost six miles from Franklin, Tenn. (acreage 171 acres); it would be sold for two-thirds of purchase money, with rest due in 1/2 years.


September 27, 1833

Mrs. MARY HILL daughter of AMBROSE CAYCE died Davidson Co., Tenn., Sept. 2l, 1833 in the 23rd year of her age; Methodist.


October 4, 1833

THOMAS HARDIN PERKINS died Williamson Co., Tenn., September 30, 1833.


October 11, 1833

JOSEPH L. F. HILL married Mrs. NANCY JOHNSON, October 8, 1833; both of Williamson Co., Tenn.

T. F. ATKINSON, administrator of JAMES NEELY's estate would hold sale of the deceased's personalty, November 1-2, 1833; persons with claims against this estate should file same promptly.


(Page 14)

October 18, 1833

JAMES McGAVROCK died in Williamson Co., Tenn., October 12, 1833.

R. S. HIGHTOWER, Covington, Tenn. merchant, married JANE A. daughter of Dr. JAMES FEILD [sic], Fayette Co., Tenn., October 1, 1833.


November 1, 1833

RICHARD L. ANDREWS married CAROLINE ANDREWS, Oct. 31, 1833; both of Williamson Co., Tenn.

ROBERT A. HILL, Williamson Co., Tenn. married MARGARET A. G. ANDREWS daughter of JAMES ANDREWS, Giles Co., Tenn., October 23, 1833.


November 15, 1833

MARY wife of ROBERT PEEBLES died Franklin, Tenn., November 9, 1833; wife and mother. Methodist.


November 29, 1833

CATHARINE ELIZABETH daughter of PETER N. SMITH, esq., died October 27, 1833 aged 5 years, 3 months and 3 days [July 24, 1828].

THOMAS B. REED, attorney, Vicksburg, Miss., son of THOMAS B. REED of the U.S. Senate, died at Port Gibson, Miss., October 24, 1833 in his 22nd year of age; graduate of the University of Tennessee at the age of 17 years.

C. C. HARDY, Franklin, Tenn. married MARTHA BUFORD, Gibson Co., Tenn., November 22, 1833.


December 20, 1833

ALFRED McGAN married EMILY M. EDNEY, December 19, 1833.


Return to Contents