Fluty Cemetery, April 1999
This is a small family cemetery on Fluty Branch on the eastern edge of the U.S.G.S. Pope quadrangle. It sits in the middle of a cow pasture. It is not maintained per se, but there is a very strong, well-maintained fence around it to keep the cattle out. There are three above-ground burial cairns here, one for an adult and two for children. They are not as well constructed as similar structures elsewhere in the Cedar Creek area. The stones seem rougher and are held together by cement. It is impossible to say whether they were constructed this way or the cement was used as part of a later "restoration." Leo and David Donahue recorded Fluty cemetery December 26, 1988 and David Donahue revisited it April 17, 1999.
Fluty, E. J. M., Aug. 6, 1865-Apr. 30, 1944
Fluty, John, Nov. 18, 1821-Sept. 8, 1867, military marker "Co H 9 Tenn Cav CSA" [This marker is placed in front of the large cairn. The small cairns may be children of John Fluty.]
Fluty, N. A., Sept. 12, 1832?-Jan. 27, 1910, "Wife of John Fluty"
Return to Perry County, Tennessee Cemetery Records