From the Vertical Files, Tennessee Room, Jackson-Madison County Library
[Unattributed but typing is that of Jonathan K. T. Smith]
Located on the Cotton Grove Road about 8.5 miles northeast of court square in Jackson. Situated about .1 mile south of Cotton Grove Road on a bluff overlooking Cotton Grove Creek. There are about six-seven graves here but all tombstones are now gone except for the fragment of one that bears a birth month, "Feby." and "Died March 1828." When Duncan Mclver sold the farm this cemetery was on, to Robert Fenner, in 1828, it was noted in the deed that McIver provided for 1/8 of an acre "so as to include the burying ground that his father, mother and sisters and neighbors /unnamed/ are buried on." John R. Woolfolk bought this place in 1850 and his parents, John Woolfolk (c1779-1863) and Mildred (Crawford) Woolfolk (c1790-1866) are buried here.
Penciled note reads "Behind house of Harold P. McLeary."