Still is a small family cemetery is located on McMurry Road. It is interesting because it retains fieldstone headstones and footstones characteristic of burials in this area before the 1870s. In 1997 the cemetery seemed to be getting at least a yearly clearing. In 2004 it is overgrown and nearly impossible to see. There are eight or nine graves without names.
David Donahue recorded Still Cemetery December 22, 1997. Bobbie Bartholomew and Margarett Alexander recorded Still Cemetery on April 14, 1976. Their record appears in Decatur County, Tennessee Cemetery Records published by the Captain Nathaniel A. Wesson Chapter, United Daughters of the Confederacy, Parsons, Tennessee, 1984, p. 571. This is referred to as the UDC transcription in the notes below. Bartholomew and Alexander noted "8 unmarked graves."
Lewis, Edna M., Aug. 14, 1875-June 28, 1903, "Wife of T. M. Lewis"
Lewis, Edna Mary, d. June 5, 1905, "Aged 1 Ys $ 27 Ds" "Dau. of T. M. & Edna Lewis"
Still, Andrew, d. 1835, "Dr." [replacement]
Still, George W., July 10, 1821-Feb. 18, 1904 [replacement; Bartholomew and Alexander noted that he was a CSA soldier]
Return to Decatur County, Tennessee Cemetery Records