Researched and Compiled by Jonathan Kennon Thompson Smith
Copyright, Jonathan K. T. Smith, 2003








(Page 56)


August 2, 1876

page 3.                                                                                                     ROBERT FULTON.

Was the Inventor of the Steamboat an American or a Scotchman?


The question of Robert Fulton’s nationality seems to have been settled by the Scotch people to their entire satisfaction. As the first man who was practically successful in propelling vessels by steam, most people in this country have been proud of him as an American.  We have had uninterrupted possession of him for nearly sixty years, or ever since his death.  Briefly summed up his biography is as follows: Fulton was born near Lancaster, in Pennsylvania, in 1765.  His parents were Irish, his grandfather having emigrated from Tipperary.  His father died when he was three years old, leaving his family in poverty.  Young Fulton early showed a fondness for painting and mechanics, and was so successful with his pencil that before he was twenty-one, he had made enough money to purchase a farm in Pennsylvania for his mother.  In 1786 he visited London, and became the pupil of the celebrated painter West.  In London he made the acquaintance of many distinguished men, such as the Duke of Bridgewater, Earl Stanhope, and others, and gradually diverted his attention from painting to the improvement of machinery.  In 1796 he published a treatise on “Canal Navigation.” Shortly afterward he went to Paris, where he made an offer of his invention of the torpedo to the French Government.  In 1806 he married the daughter of Mr. Walter Livingston, having previously returned to the United States, where he was successful in introducing steam navigation between New York and Albany.  He died in February, 1815, leaving four children.

     Mr. Lindsey, in the last volume of his “History of Merchant Shipping,” was the first to make any investigation into the Scottish origin of Robert Fulton.  The Glasgow News says that "according to what we may call the Scottish account—in distinction to the American version – Robert Fulton was born in Beith parish, in the county of Ayr, in April, 1704.  His parents, though not rich, were in comfortable circumstances, and gave their son an excellent education. Through the influence of some relatives who had high position in business in London, he, when quite a young man, went there to complete his studies.  From that period to about 1815, the biographies are the same; but at the time when the American version makes him die, the other account makes him got into pecuniary difficulties in America, brings him to this country, leaves his wife in London and makes him pay a farewell visit to his relatives in Scotland and then retire to the West Indies, where he died, leaving no family, shortly after 1822.  It is obvious that one or the other of these must be incorrect. All Scotchmen would like to believe that one more distinguished man could be claimed for their country; but at the same time we would like to see more tangible evidence arrayed against a biography which has been unquestioned for more than a quarter of a century. In the meantime, all that can be said is that the American story is liable to doubt, even from internal evidence.  Fulton is a Scotch, and not an Irish, family name.  Fulton himself is well known to have been a Presbyterian, which is in favor of the Scottish origin, and against the Irish one; and Henry Bell, who was personally acquainted with Fulton, in one of the letters printed in 1844, distinctly says that he was of Ayrshire origin.”  In another column of this same paper appears the following card:

     To the editor of the Glasgow News. – Sir:

One of the greatest achievements of the present century is steam navigation.  The credit of first successfully proving this belongs to my grand uncle, Robert Fulton. Though usually called an American, he was born in the Mill of Beith, in the country of Ayr. In consequence of having offered some torpedo invention to the French, he concealed the fact of his Scottish origin as much as possible, and when last in this country only visited his relatives here by stealth,  being afraid that proceedings would be taken against him by the British Government.  On that occasion I perfectly remember as a boy, to have seen him.  He married an American lady, Harriet Livingston.  He got into pecuniary difficulties in America, and retired to the West Indies, where he died.  Others of his relatives still alive remember him.  I am, etc.


KNOWS, Lochwinnoch, July, 1876.


Colonel James William McHenry born Jamestown, Ky., Sept. 10, 1832, educated at the Alpine

Institute; licensed by the Supreme Court of Tennessee to practice law, Jan. 31, 1852 and graduated from Cumberland College, Feb. 17, 1855; at beginning of Civil War he was commissioned adjutant-general with rank of brigadier-general; subsequently raised a body of cavalry and fought mostly in mts. of east Tenn.; at war's end he practiced law in Carthage, Tenn.; married Louisa, dau.

of Major Creed Huddleston; five children; member of McKendree Methodist Church, where his funeral was held August 2, 1876.


(Page 57)


August 3, 1876


Tribute of respect for the memory of Colonel James William McHenry, by the Nashville Bar, dated August 2, 1876.


Mrs. Rachel Jacobson died in Nashville, August 2, 1876 in the 49th year of her age; funeral today at her residence.


Funeral of Johnnie Akin, son of Thomas B. and Mary Akin, aged 4 years; funeral from residence of Mrs. F. C. Akin, Nashville, today.


The funeral of Fielding Fields to be held August 6, 1876. He died August 2, 1876 aged 67 years.


August 4, 1876


Knoxville, Tennessee, TRIBUNE reported that “Aunt Mintz,” who in antebellum times belonged to General Cocke, died July 26, 1876 upwards of a century old.


Mrs. Washington Barrow died at Sewanee, Tenn., August 3, 1876, aged about 64 years; funeral today.


August 5, 1876


Columbus Stewart was shot and killed by a black barber named Sam Bizzell, in Memphis, August 3, 1876.


August 6, 1876


James Houston Thomas born N.C., 1808; moved with family to Maury Co., Tenn. about 1815; an attorney-general for several middle Tennessee counties; elected to U. Congress in 1846 and 1848. Died recently.  [BIOGRAPHICAL DIRECTORY OF THE AMERICAN CONGRESS, 1774-1971, Washington, D.C., 1971, pages 1805-1806: THOMAS, James Houston, a Representative from Tennessee; born in Iredell County N.C. September 22, 1808;  attended the rural schools; was graduated from Jackson College, Columbia Tenn., in 1830; studied law; was admitted to the bar in 1831 and commenced practice in Columbia,  Tenn.; attorney general of Tennessee 1836-1842;  elected as a Democrat to the Thirtieth and Thirty-first Congresses (March 4, 1847-March 3, 1851);  unsuccessful candidate for reelection in 1850 to the Thirty-second Congress; elected to the Thirty-sixth Congress (March 4, 1859- March 3, 1861);  resumed the practice of law in Columbia,  Tenn.; died near Fayetteville,  Lincoln County,  Tenn., on August 4, 1876;  interment in St. John's Cemetery, Ashwood, Maury County, Tenn.]


Jennie Muirhead, daughter of J. K. and Virginia Muirhead, died in west Nashville, July 5, 1876 aged 6 months, 3 weeks old.                                


August 7, 1876 


Missing issue                                            


August 8, 1876                                        


Daniel Randall, a Davidson County pioneer, died August 7, 1876 aged 68 years.


August 9, 1876


The Masonic funeral for P. W. Maxey would be conducted by the Edgefield Masonic Lodge #259, today.


August 10, 1876


Funeral of the late Justice, P. W. Maxey, were held in Hobson's [Methodist] Chapel, Nashville yesterday. The remains were taken to the cemetery and deposited in a vault.


Memphis, Tennessee, AVALANCE reported, “The community was surprised and shocked by the sudden death of H. L. Guion, Sr., who, after a few days illness, died Monday morning [August 7, 1876].  Mr. Guion belonged to the class of old citizens of Memphis. He was born in Hertford Co., North Carolina, Feb. 21, 1810; removed to Sumner Co., Tenn. in May 1827; thence to Denmark in west Tennessee and removed to Memphis in January 1840” where he had resided up to his death.  [The Guion tombstone in lot 104, Chapel Hill section, Elmwood Cemetery, Memphis, has the inscriptions: Henry L. Guion Born Hertford Co., N.C., Feb. 21, 1810 Died Aug. 8, 1876; “My wife,” Mary Ann Guion dau. of Wm. M. and A. McMillan Died Sept. 29, 1842 aged 20 years, 11 months. [They were married in Madison Co., Tenn., Dec. 28, 1838.] "My Wife,”


(Page 58)


Margaret J. dau. of Jas. S. & P. P. Lemaster. Died Sept. 8, 1855 aged 30 years, 3 months & 25 days; her last words. Farewell. . . asleep in Jesus . . . eternal home.  Lydia Guion Died Dec. 8, 1849 aged 10 years & 13 days.  John Guion Died Sept. 11, 1852 aged 11 months & 1 day. // Mary Ann and Lydia Guion were reburied in this lot in mid-March 1857, having probably been brought there from Winchester Cemetery in Memphis. Henry Guion married Margaret Lemaster, October 19, 1848; married, thirdly, Annie Smith, April 4, 1857.]


August 11, 1876


Martin Bates, now a section foreman on the Nashville, Chattanooga and St. Louis Railroad, was a Confederate soldier; during the war his wife died but shortly before her death she placed her only child, a son, in the care of her sister who subsequently died, leaving the boy “adrift in the world.” He wandered, picking her whatever education he could, working to support himself. Recently he met a freight conductor in Chattanooga and told him he had a father who worked on the “Chattanooga Road.” The man took the boy, now 17 years old, to Wartrace, Tenn. where he met his father, which led to an affectionate reunion.


August 12, 1876


Fayetteville, Tennessee EXPRESS reported that a man named Hudgins, with a wife and two small children, aged one and three years old, were returning from Arkansas where they had moved several years ago, to Georgia and were trying to make their way to Mr. Hasting's house on Andy Edmundson's farm. The wife became ill and as they were going down Bradshaw Hill, about eighteen miles west of Fayetteville, Tenn. she told her husband that she was very ill and she died August 6, 1876 before he could render her assistance.


     Page 4:                     

Francis Marion’s Cook

Wonderful Longevity of a Negro – Passing Through his Second Childhood

     Mr. Chilcut, while here on a visit from West Tennessee, told an American reporter that a negro named Snow, now living in Mississippi, has attained the age of 128 years.  Snow formerly lived in West Tennessee, and the statement as to his age can be verified by Rev. Mr. Holt, a Baptist minister, and Dr. Robert Scott, of Milan. Snow says he was General Francis Marion’s cook and relates scenes of the Revolutionary War with a good deal of zest.  At the age of 70 years his hair turned from white to black, he cut a full set of teeth, and recovered his eye sight.   He is now as active as a boy, intelligent and conducts himself in a manner that wins the respect of the community in which he lives.

     A year or two ago, Snow emigrated to Northern Mississippi.  He has children and grandchildren who are decrepid with age.


Fortune Snow appears in the U. S. Census, 1870, July 25 Civil District 18, Gibson Co., Tenn., page 488:

H. CHAPMAN, age 55, black, farm labor, born Virginia

JANE CHAPMAN, age 46, black, born South Carolina

JOSEPHINE CHAPMAN, age 12, black, born Alabama

SARAH CHAPMAN, age 5, black, born Tennessee

ANGELINE CHAPMAN, age 24, black, born Alabama

LIZA CHAPMAN, age 9, black, born Alabama

NANCY CHAPMAN, age 5, black, born Tennessee

FORTUNE SNOW, age 128, black, "at home", born S. C.


[On October 19, 1876 a black man living near Rossville, Fayette County, west Tennessee, died, having made claims of personal memories that extend his age to at least 128 years.  His name is Jake Pulliam. From the October 24, 1876 Memphis DAILY AVALANCHE, “Uncle Jake’s earliest memories take him back to a confused mingling of a savage crowd, a sea voyage and the crowding of new sensations of a strange people and a strange land. From all of which Uncle Jake thought that he was brought to this country when he was about ten years old. He never knew a mother or a father. His first home was among the rice fields of the Carolinas where he was for several years but don't know how many, employed ‘round the house.’ When about seventeen years old he was sold to the DuPont family of Huguenot extraction and was the body servant of the 'young mass'r', Henry DuPont. When the Revolution began in 1775 his young master enlisted as an ensign under [William] Moultrie in the Continental army and he accompanied him. The old man says he was then 'jes about grone and didn't hab no har on my chin.' He remembers clearly his first engagement with the Red Coats. It was when Colonel Moultrie sent his young master with their captain, [Francis] Marion, to take Fort Johnson. When the fort was taken he himself


(Page 59)


rammed the ball in one of the old cannon that was turned against the British fleet. Uncle Jake tells some marvelous tales of his own personal daring upon that and similar occasions. One ludicrous incident of how 'de sojors laffed' when a ball striking the sand bags of the fort he was covered up to the chin and lay yelling for help, thinking the rest of his anatomy had been carried off by the shot.

At the assault on Savannah by the combined forces of the French and Americans his young master fell by the side of the gallant Pole, Count Pulaski. The old man's voice would grow husky as he spoke of the burial by torchlight on the margin of the marsh and how Captain Marion kindly patted his shoulder as he lay sobbing on the ground and said, ‘Never mind, Jake. He fell like a brave man and you can tell his father so.’ After that he attached himself to Marion and was, after the return of the command to Carolina, presented to Marion by his old master for his use until the close of the war. Uncle Jake could tell many incidents of the siege of Charleston; how Marion's leg was broken there and how he helped to bandage up the shattered limb. He was with the ‘Swamp Fox’ [Francis Marion] in all his battles and ambushes with Tarleton and his tories, being once captured by that bold rider but afterward escaping, carrying off Tarleton's own pack mule with his private baggage. He followed Marion through the swamps of the Pedee and Santee rivers, was present when three 'Britishers' were swung up to one limb by way of retaliation for the hanging of three of Marion's men. He describes Marion as a small man who he feared and yet loved devotedly. But, strangest of all is the narrative Uncle Jake gives of an incident which is familiar to every schoolboy. The instance of the visit of the English officer to Marion at Snow Island and how Marion gave him a dining on potatoes. Uncle James [Jake] affirms that his hands put 'dem tatters in de ashes and took dem out on a sharp stick and put dem on de log between de General and de officer.' After the war Jake returned to his old homestead. The 'old mass'r' had gone down in sorrow to the grave to be followed soon by 'old missis.'  The plantation was sold and the slaves scattered among various owners. Jake fell to the lot of a cousin of the DuPonts who lived in the rice country of South

Carolina. Here his children and grandchildren grew around him."


Probably in the 1830s the old man went to Mississippi with a new owner and after a few years was taken into Tennessee, a slave in the Pulliam family, likely that of David and Lucy Pulliam. “Upto the last his faculties were wonderfully clear. Last year he even made a small crop of corn and cotton.” Undoubtedly, there was considerable hyperbole in Uncle Jake's tales but he was too keenly aware of the events of that time for his “history” not to have much truth in it. It is probably now impossible to know the relatively exact ages of these two old black elders, Fortune Snow and

Jake Pulliam. If they both were so intimate as servants with Francis Marion, they must have known one another in their earlier years. Oh, but if they could only speak from the grave and tell us of the interesting events of their exceptionally long lives.]


August 13, 1876


Murfreesboro, Tennessee, NEWS reported that Mrs. Nancy Polk who lived in Rutherford Co., Tenn. was found dead, lying over the edge of her bed with her head on the floor, August 9-10, 1876.


August 14, 1876


Missing issue


August 15, 1876


“William B. Hunt of Iowa is the champion rascal. He has a wife and child in nearly every considerable town in the United States east of Kansas. His latest are at Portland, Miss. He marries a girl, remains with her for two days and leaves. His principal occupation is that of hotel clerk and he is very handsome.”


(Page 60)


Jodie Martin, infant son of J. J. and Missouri Martin, died in Nashville, August 14, 1876; funeral today.


August 16, 1876


Dr. Isaac Reavis, mayor of Dresden, Tennessee, postmaster there and leader of the Republican Party in Weakley County, died recently.


“A man named Harper died in Williamson County, Saturday [August 13, 1876] at the age of

110 years.”


Dr. B. A. Morris, resident of Cedar Hill, Robertson Co., Tenn., was run over by a train there and killed the late night of August 14, 1876; about 37 years old, he left a widow and children. “He was well known here as a rather extensive tobacco buyer.”


August 17, 1876


B. F. Brown “a venerable and highly esteemed citizen” died at home, on North Summer St., Nashville, August 16, 1876 aged 67 years. Like his father he was a machinist and later “went into the grocery business.” He was nearly blind.


Wiley McClish, Stewart Co., Tenn., was returning from Dover, Tenn., Co his home, August 7, 1876, when about a mile and a half from home he was set upon by Jack Wilson and Bill Mockaby

[variously spelled] who wanted to rob him and they did, all of a dime, that he had on his person. Not satisfied just to rob him they murdered him, taking his head in one direction and his body in another. The murderers were under guard. [August 18, 1876 issue, page 4, carried a lengthy account of this tragedy. McClish, a son of John McClish, was about 30 years old and had a wife, two children and “a babe unborn.” An ax had been used to kill and mutilate him. The August 29, 1876 issue, page 4, detailed the trials of Wilson and Mockaby. Wilson admitted to killing McClish and “he reckoned the devil made him do it.” Mockaby had simply come into possession, through Wilson, of some of the dead man's effects and was not present at the time of the murderous assault.]


August 18, 1876


Samuel Donelson Horn, son of F. W. and Susan J. Horn, Nashville, died August 17, 1876 aged

1 year and 19 days [July 28, 1875].


August 19, 1876


Anna T. Miller, wife of Joseph Miller, Sumner Co., Tennessee, died about four miles from Gallatin on the morning of August 18, 1876. She was the sister of Captain Thoms L. Dodd.


William Gosling, a businessman of Shelbyville, died August 18, 1876.


August 20, 1876


Hon. Michael C. Kerr, Speaker, U. S. House of Representatives, born Titusville, Pa., March 15,

1827; died Rockbridge Alum Springs, Va. recently. [BIOGRAPHICAL DIRECTORY OF THE AMERICAN CONGRESS, 1774-1971, Washington, D. C., 1971, page 1229:

     KERR, Michael Crawford, a Representative from Indiana; born in Titusville, Crawford County,  Pa.,  March 15,  1827; attended the common schools and Erie Academy;  was graduated from the law department of Louisville (Ky. ) University in 1851; was admitted to the bar and commenced practice in New Albany, Ind., in 1852; city attorney in 1854; prosecuting attorney of Floyd County in 1855; member of the State house of representatives in 1856 and 1857; reporter of the supreme court of Indiana 1862-1865;  elected as a Democrat to the Thirty-ninth and to the three succeeding Congresses (March 4, 1865-March 3, 1873); unsuccessful candidate for reelection in 1872 to the Forty-third Congress;  elected to the Forty-fourth Congress and served from March 4,  1875,  until his death; elected Speaker of the House for the Forty-fourth Congress on December 6,  1875,  and served until his death; died at Rockbridge Alum Springs,  Rockbridge County,  Va.,  on August 19,  1876; interment in Fairview Cemetery, New Albany, Ind.]


John Haynes, baggage-master who was injured in a collision on the “Chattanooga Road” died August 19, 1876; body sent to Decherd, Tenn.


John W. Greer, senior member of the firm of Greer & Co., Shelbyville, Tenn. died Aug. 17, 1876.


A poem in memory of Mrs. William Davis, by Katie McGoldrick, San Antonio, Texas, dated

August 7, 1876.


(Page 61)


August 21, 1876


Missing issue


August 22, 1876


Jackson A. Harris, aged 66 years, former publisher of the Cleveland HERALD and former mayor of Cleveland, Ohio, died from stoke, August 21, 1876.


John F. Kirkham died on White Creek's Pike near Nashville, August 21, 1876 in the 53rd year of his age; funeral today.


Lizzie O. Ewing, wife of Major Hu. F. Ewing, died Pulaski, Tenn., August 20, 1876.


August 23, 1876


Patrick Mitchell, son of Thomas and Annie Mitchell, died Nashville, August 22, 1876 aged 18 months; funeral today.


August 24, 1876


Jordan McGowan, well known black musician of Nashville died August 23, 1876; born in Sumner

County, Tenn. about 65 years ago; an “excellent instructor in dancing.” He had a son, living in Ft. Smith, Kansas and a daughter.


Major A. R. Harris and Mrs. Mollie Webster were married in Bedford Co., Tenn., August 23, 1876.


Henry Brower and his wife were married in Louisiana in January 1864 and soon thereafter he became ill, whereupon she deserted him and after twelve years he instituted suit in Davidson County to obtain a divorce from her, yesterday.


August 25, 1876


"The Walter Burgess club [baseball] has lately been organized. Mr. Burgess proposes to equip the boys in a few days, when they will be ready the [to] challenge anything in the county [Davidson].


August 26, 1876


Stephen Cowon, Jackson Co., Ga., hanged himself from a peach tree limb, August 23, 1876.


Albert Webster, an aged man, a native of Maine and resident of Nashville since the Civil War, died in his room on Locust Street, August 25, 1876.


August 27, 1876


Lillie Byrne Burell, daughter of Henry and Fannie Burell, aged 20 months, died in Nashville, August: 20, 1876.


Mary Harris, wife of John Harris, west Nashville, died August 26, 1876; funeral today.


Jane Vogt, daughter of Jos. and Christine Vogt, Nashville, died August 25, 1876; funeral today.

[Tribute to her memory, written by “Clara”, dated August 1876, appeared in August 15, 1876 issue, page 4, in which she was called Jennie.]


“In Memoriam,” Johnny Haynes died August 19, 1876 in a train collision.


August 28, 1876


Missing issue


August 29, 1876


Benjamin Rudderson, aged 50 years, a bachelor, hanged himself behind his dwelling, Merchantsville, Pa., August 28, 1876.


August 30, 1876


The Presbyterians of Clarksville, Tennessee were close to completing construction, on their new brick church building. The Episcopalians of the town had completed construction on their new stone church building.


(Page 62)


August 31, 1876


One of the three men, who robbed the Express office in Riley's Station, Ky., April 7, 1876, Esau Shelton, was captured August 20 near Knoxville, Tennessee.


September 1, 1876


Mrs. Lawrence McDonald died in the residence of her son, John McDonald, Nashville, August 31, 1876 in the 62nd year of her age; burial September 2.


September 2, 1876


John Vaught “regarded as a confirmed miser” was found dead about fifty yards from his home, four miles from NolensvilIe, Tenn., August 29, 1876. Jury of inquest determined that he died of heart disease.


September 3, 1876


Mrs. Ella Crutcher, wife of J. M. Turner, died in the residence of her father, William H. Crutcher, Edgefield, Tenn., Sept. 2, 1876; funeral today.


September 4, 1876


Missing issue


September 5, 1876


Hugh W. McCafferty, son of John and Mary McCafferty, died Sept. 2, 1876, aged 2 years; funeral today.


John Brown, native of Lanarkshire, Scotland, aged 55 years, was killed in his marble yard in south Nashville, Tenn., the afternoon of September 4, 1876. His head was crushed by a large timber that fell upon him from a derrick car.  [A tribute of respect to his memory was published in the September 7, 1876 issue, page 4:


A Tribute of Respect by Civil Engineers, Architects, Builders and Contractors

     A meeting of Civil Engineers, Architects, Builders and Contractors was held at Room 4, Burns Block, yesterday afternoon at 4:30 o’clock, for the purpose of taking some action relative to the demise of the late John Brown, who met his death by an accident at his stone yard a few days ago.

     Maj. W. F. Foster was called to the chair and Wm. C. Smith appointed Secretary.  The chairman explained the object of the meeting, whereupon a committee, consisting of P. L. Headrick, Wm. C. Smith, John L. Smith, B. F. Tanksley, P. A. Hughes and Henry Blackburn, was appointed to draft suitable resolutions expressive of the sense of the meeting.

     The committee retired and after a short absence returned and offered the following resolutions, which were unanimously adopted.

     We, the undersigned, who have for many years been associated more or less closely with our late friend and fellow citizen, John Brown, having met for the purpose of bearing testimony to his many virtues, are desirous of expressing our sincere sorrow at his death and our appreciation of his many high and noble qualities.  Therefore be it

     Resolved, that in the death of John Brown this community has lost an enterprising and useful citizen – a man upright in his dealings, energetic and thorough in business, courteous in competition, kind and genial in his personal character, and one who in all things commanded the respect and confidence of all classes.

    The many tasteful and imperishable monuments of his skill which adorn the finest of our public and private buildings will remain as permanent momentoes, to incite us to equal praiseworthy efforts.  We sincerely mourn his loss, and tell that indeed a good man has gone from among us.

     Resolved, that we do hereby tender to his family the true and earnest sympathy of our hearts in this their great affliction.

     Resolved, that these resolutions be published in our city papers, and that we close our respective places of business on Thursday, the 7th inst, until 12 o’clock m., for the purpose of attending his funeral.

W. F. Foster,                             W. G. Bush,

John L. Smith,                           W. J. Taylor,

B. F. Tanksley & Bro.,                James Haslem,

David Growar,                           Beasley & Ruth,

Barthel & Joseph,                       Wm. Sutherland,

Headrick & Moss,                       Slinkard & Rives,

P. A. Hughes,                            Simmons & Phillips,

Blackburn & Wilson                    Murray & Regan,

Cooper & Co.,                           D. L. Tanksley,

Turner & Moore,                       Ed Laurent,

Robt. Lowry,                            Geo. Rosch &  Bro.,

P. J. Williamson,                       W. K. Dobson,

P. Swan,                                  J. H. Cochran,

Henderson Bros.,                      McCullough & Morrison,

                         Wm. C. Smith




Return to Contents

US Genealogy Network

This Website Has Been Generously Hosted By USGenNet Since 1999

We Thank Them