LAND W. L. SMITH BOUGHT AFTER HE BOUGHT THE HAMLETT FARM IN 1908
141 acre tract from W. R. Jones for resale to Margaret A. Woods, 1908.
W. R. Jones (born 1831-1920 - 89 years old) owned this farm, he was the son of Elkaua (born 1801-1884 - 83 years old) and wife Rebecca (born 1806-1891 -91 years old) Jones, buried in Jones Cemetery on this farm now owned by Burlin and Lunelle MePeake.
57 acre tract on west boundary and an 18 acre tract on north boundary from Joel and wife Elvira Pierce, 9/2/1911.
A 4-acre tract on Southwest boundary from Charlie and wife Lucy Moss Brewer, 81913.
1.7 acre tract on the south boundary next to Jere Barham, J. R. Bland, and Hugh Hurt farms from Wylie Benson, 4/12/1916. Wylie bought the tract from Jere Barham.
126 1/4 acre tract on east boundary joining W. R Jones and J. R. Bland tracts for resale to George and wife Mary Smith Stewart. Agreement was reached when he notified W. L. Smith about the land up for sale in 1907-08. (10/4/1911 for $1,603.00)
Return to Contents