BALL PLAY BAPTIST CHURCH
Location: 3 miles S.E. of Old Fort. Old Fort is south of Benton.
Date established: Before the Civil War
By whom established: Methodist denomination.
Number of Graves: 200 approx.
Acreage: 2 or 3 acres.
Remarks: A Methodist Church was here before the Civil War, but discontinued soon after the Civil War. About 1875, Ball Play Baptist built a church and moved from their old location which was one mile south of here. Some early settlers buried are: Samuel Mantooth, John Yates, Mareh Bivens, Jordan Rush, Asbury Blankenship and twins.
Date: January 22, 1940