AKA Old Fairview
Location: 3 and 1/2 miles N.W. of Benton.
Date established: Early, possibly 1830.
By whom established: Baker's Chapel M.E. on land given by William S. Baker.
Number of Graves: 200 approx.
Acreage: 1 and 1/4 approx.
Remarks: Seems that a school house was first used as an M.E. church. Church has been discontinued for about 50 years now. Recently, about five years ago, a new church was built named Fair View M.E. Church, about 1/2 mile away through a field, but over a mile by road. The new church purchased land for a cemetery , but not used - still use Bakers Chapel cemetery and naturally, in a few years, it will be known as Fairview M.E. church cemetery providing they don't start using the new location they bought.
Buried here are : Rev. Montie Baker, William S. Baker, George W. Price, Samuel H. Fox, James N. Osment, and William O Cameron, a pioneer. Condition: not noted.
Date: January 22, 1940