FAMILY HISTORIES OF
PERSONS BURIED AT
WILLIAM B. MUNFORD
1. Came to Cíville in 1839 as pres of Memphis, Cíville, Louisville Railroad...(born
2. In TN legislature representing Mont. Co.
3. Father of Judge Arthur Munford
A. Arthur, boon in Cíville, was TN legislator, city attorney, and judge of 10th judicial circuit.
B. Married dau of Joseph Rogers Underwood, Bowling Green who was U.S. congressman.
C. Built house (corner of Mt~nford Ave. & S. Second) where museum addition sits today. Later Gov. A. Peay bought it.
D. Bro to THOMAS J. MUNFORD
(1. Thomas built house across RécicRiver from lower Franklin St. on hill which later became TN Confederate Orphans home.
(2. James P. Gill bought it next and bred race horses there.
Information used on the Greenwood Historic Tour of 2001. Site location information may be found on the Greenwood Cemetery site.
Submitted by Randall Rubel e-mail: RRUBEL@peoplepc.com
Return to the Montgomery County