MONTGOMERY COUNTY, TENNESSEE
Information from Mrs. Erlene M Bridges
was located in district 22 in the Louise Community. Louise School
was built around 1900 by the County and Community at an approximate cost
of $800. The school was for grades 1 - 8. School hours were
from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. for a term of eight months.
The population of Louise Community grew because of Iron Ore Mining. The community had two stores, a commissary and a post office. There were four trains daily.
The school taught Reading, Writing, Arithmetic, Geography, Spelling and English. In 1933 the children were transferred to Lone Oak School by bus. Lone Oak is now Montgomery Central.
Return to Montgomery Home Page