FAMILY HISTORIES OF
PERSONS BURIED AT
CAPT. FRANK PATTON GRACEY
1. Capt Gracey, native of Eddyville, married Irene Cobb, dau of Dr.
Joshua Cobb, also native of Eddyville, who had est. himself in the
iron business as well as an MD. here in Cíville.
2. Gracey, desiring to offer his services to the Confederacy,
mustered in at Camp Boone (here in Mont Co) with the 3rd KY Infantry,
distinguishing himself as capt of artillery.
3. After war, KY forbade him to return, so he and his bro Matt settled in Cíville, owning the FIRST wharfboat, checking all imports and exports at the Cíville wharf (Cíville Landing).
4. Next they owned the GRANGE WAREHOUSE, the largest tobacco warehse in the world as well as the Gracey Warehouse.
5. They also owned several iron furnaces.
Information used on the Greenwood Historic Tour of 2001. Site location information may be found on the Greenwood Cemetery site.
Submitted by Randall Rubel e-mail: RRUBEL@peoplepc.com
Return to the Montgomery County