This cemetery is located in Montgomery Co., TN (Clarksville) behind Plantation Estates off Tiny Town Rd on the old Brunson Property. It is in a farmers field and there is no road in.
* In memory of RACHEL CARTER who was born Apl. 9th in the year of our Lord 1773 and departed this life June 9th 1838.
* Sacred to the memory of JOHN (the N was backwards) CARTER who was born Jany 31st in the year of our Lord 1773 and departed this life time Jun 17th, 1819.
* Sacred to the memory of GILFORD H. CARTER who was born Octe 30th in the year of our Lord 1803 and departed this life Sept. 9th, 1890.
* Our mother Sarah E. wife of Henry Y. Slaughter & daughter of John and Rachel Carter. Born in VA. July 2, 1806 Died in TN Feb. 22, 1877. Farewell sweet mother Fare thee well. Farewell but not, no not forever. For with thee soon we hope to dwell, where d eath, us never more will sever.
* ELIZA G. wife of Thos. RAWLINS daughter of Jno. & Rachel CARTER born Oct 28th, 1811 died Dec 21st, 1868 Aged 57yrs 1mo & 23 ds Husband & children I must leave you ? ? yes, leave you all alone, But my blessed savior calls me ? ? to a heavenly home.
* S. Hodgson ?
* ELIZA B. daughter of H.Y. & S.E. SLAUGHTER wife of Johnson D. WATTS born Nov 18th, 1831 died June 26th, 1863. Not lost last though, But gone before There we shall meet to part no more. [not totally sure about the lost last or last lost
* In loving remembrance of our darling mama RACHEL I. JOHNSON born May 9th,1845 died July 25, 1922 Gone but not forgotten.
* In memory of GILFORD infant son of T. ? & E. G. RAWLINS born Sept 16th, 1850 died Aug 8 (or 9), 1852 As the sweet flower that scents the morn But withers in the rising day Thus lovely was this infants dawn Thus swiftly fled its life away.
* THOMAS RAWLINS born Jan 20, 1810 died Apr 30, 1877 Our father and mother are gone they lay beneath the sod Dear parents though we miss you much, we know you rest with God.
* In loving remembrance of our dear papa ROBERT T. JOHNSON born Sept 4, 1843 died Sept 10, 1887 Never will you be forgotten.
Each of the question marks represent a word we could not read.
Compiled by Sue Macchiarella and Anne Smith.
If you have any questions please e-mail Sue Macchiarella
Submitted by Sue Macchiarella
Return to the Montgomery County Home Page