Will of R. M. Mason
[Will Book 1, pages 276-277 (transcribed by Beverly Burton Culbreth)]
I, R. M. Mason, of Marion county, Tennessee, being of sound mind and disposing memory do make and publish
this my last will and testament hereby revoking all will by me made at any former time made.
(1) I direct that all my just debts and funeral expenses be first paid.
(2) I Will and bequeath to my daughter Ada Birdwell, wife of Ed Birdwell one dollar ($1.00)
(3) I Will and bequeath to my daughter Ida Turner, wife of John Turner, one dollar ($1.00)
(4) I will and bequeath to my son Andy Mason the sum of one dollar ($1.00)
(5) I will and bequeath to my son Edgar Mason, the sum of one dollar ($1.00)
(6) I will and bequeath to Brittie Templeton, wife of Wash Templeton, my red cow, being the cow called
"heifer" and being cow I raised: also one no 10 Oliver chilled plow, one single plow, one double shovel
plow, and one cutting harrow.
(7) I will and bequeath to my daughter Daisy Johnston, wife of E. E. Johnston, all the rest and residue
of my property wherever situate, including rest of farm implements, live stock, household goods and all
I hereby nominate and appoint L. R. Darr as sole executor of this my last will and testament. and direct
that he be excused from making bond.
This Aug. 24, 1918
R. M. Mason (his Mark)
We the undersigned hereunto set our names as attesting witnesses at the request of testator, in his
presence and in the presence of each other, he having signed this instrument, as and for his last will and
testament, we having signed hereto on the day and date above written
S. L. Rogers
T. L. Forrester