Will of T. R. Harris
[Will Book 1, page 257 (transcribed by Beverly Burton Culbreth)]
I, T. R. Harris, of Marion County, Tennessee, do make and publish this my last will and testament, hereby
revoking all former wills by me at any time made.
(1) I direct that all my just debts, including funeral expences [sic] and expence [sic] of
administration, to be paid by my executor.
(2) I will and bequeath unto my three sons, Herbert H. Harris, Dennis F. Harris and William J. Harris and
to my daughter, Mrs. Florence F. de Sabla, fifty dollars ($50.00) each in Money.
(3) I will and bequeath unto my sons, James D. Harris and Robert T. Harris all my farming impliments [sic]
and all my mule and horse stock that I may own at the time of my death, to take as tenants in common.
(4) I will and bequeath unto my two daughters, Jennie A. Harris, and LuLa L. Harris, all the cattle and
hog stock that I may own at the time of my death, to take as tenants in common.
(5) I will and bequeath unto my said two sons, James D. Harris and Robert T. Harris, and my two daughters
Jennie A. Harris and Lula L. Harris, all my interest in growing crops and products of the soil in barn and
crib that I may have at the time of my death, to be taken by them share and share alike.
(6) I will and bequeath all the rest and residue of my property, including money, unto my said sons,
James D. Harris and Robert T. Harris and my two daughters, Jennie A.Harris and Lula L.Harris, to take
share and share alike.
If any one of the last four named of my children die without issue, his or her share shall be divided
equally between the survivors of the said four.
If any one of my children undertake to contest this will, it is my desire that such child or children, be
barred from taking under this will.
I hereby nominate and appoint my son, James D. Harris, as executor of this will, and he is excused from
In testimony whereof I have hereunto set my hand on this Sept. 6, 1915
T. R. Harris
Signed by the said T. R. Harris, as and for his last will and testament, in the presence of us, the
undersigned, who, at his request, and in his sight and presence, have subscribed our names hereto as
attesting witnesses, the day and date above written.
Sam G. Deakins
L. R. Darr