Will of I. N. Wyrick
[Will Book 1, pages 240-241 (transcribed by Beverly Burton Culbreth)]
I, I. N. Wyrick of Marion County, Tennessee, being of sound mind and disposing memory do make and publish
the my last will and testament, hereby revoking all wills by me at any former time made.
(1) I direct that all my just debts be first paid.
(2) I will and bequeath to my beloved wife Mollie R. Wyrick all household goods and kitchen utensils in
our home where we now live, except the piano and sewing machine I have heretofore given my daughter,
(3) I will and bequeath to my beloved wife Mollie R. Wyrick, all the live stock, farm tools and implements
on my farm at time of my decease, except our filly colt called "Glory"; which I have heretofore given my
daughter, Mrytle Wyrick.
[note: This will contained no item 4 or 5.]
(5) I devise, will and bequeath to my beloved wife, Mollie R Wyrick, the following real estate to go to
her in fee simple;
Being that part of my farm in the 7th civil district of Marion County, Tennessee, and
being that consisting of three shares or lots of the J. D. Wyrick place drawn by myself, O. F. Wyrick and
Emma Lathrop, said O. F. Wyrick and Emma Lathrop having deed me their lots. A reference is made to the
record in the County Clerks Office at Jasper, Tenn, in the case of I. N. Wyrick et al -vs- Milo Hamil et
al for full description of said lots. This is the central part of my farm and has the dwelling house and
out buildings thereon.
(6) I devise and will and bequeath to my beloved son Alvia Wyrick, the following described real estate, to
go to him in fee simple:
Being lot no. 2 allotted to M. B. Wyrick in division of said J. D. Wyrick estate,
as shown by the record in the clerks office in said case to which a reference is made
for full discription [sic], the same having been deeded to me by M. B. Wyrick.
(7) I devise, will and bequeath to my beloved, daughter Mrytle Wyrick, the following described real estate
to go to her in fee simple:
Being lot no. 6 alloted to C. A. Wyrick in the division of the said J. D. Wyrick estate as shown by the
record in said case, in said Clerks Office; a reference to which is made for full discription [sic], the
same having been deeded to me by said C. A. Wyrick.
(9) All the rest and residue of my property, I will, devise and bequeath to my beloved wife, Mollie R,
I hereby nominate and appoint my beloved wife, Mollie R. Wyrick, executor of this, my last will and
testament and direct that no bonds be required of her.
This October 21, 1916
I. N. Wyrick
Signed by the said I. N. Wyrick as and for his last will and testament, and we hereunder sign our names
as attesting witnesses, having been requested to do so by the testator and we sign in his presence and
at his request on the day and date above written.
E. V Johnston
L. R Darr