Hundreds of mussels usually had to be opened before a pearl was found. This pearling boat of the 1890's enabled a number of people to stay on the river for several weeks at a time searching for pearls. The only person identified is the owner, W.H.C. Lassiter, of the Blue Springs community (the bearded man at the right end of the boat).
Go back to Pictoral History page
Return to the index page