Friendship was awakened this morning by the fire alarm and discovered a blaze that threatened the entire east side of Main Street. The fire originated in the Ed EVANS coffin shop and was discovered about five o'clock. The Buckles barber shop, Haley buggy warehouse, coffin shop, Clark building and Maxwell's grocery were destroyed.
A crowd of neighbors met at the home of the widow, J. B. JONES, Tuesday and picked out about eighteen hundred pounds of cotton.
George CHERRY of Humboldt was here on business this week.
G. M. CATES attended the Trenton Fair last week.
Will MAXWELL sprained a foot in trying to remove some goods from his store.
Dr. DOWNEY injured a hand in moving some goods.
Oscar SMITH of Dyersburg was here yesterday.
Mayor LANIER of Humboldt was in the city Tuesday.
Mr. & Mrs. R. T. COFFMAN motored to Dyersburg Tuesday.
Mr. & Mrs. J. E. PRIVETT were Dyersburg visitors Tuesday.
Ex Trustee John H. PERRY of near Alamo was in town last week.
Ed NICHOLS of Crockett Mills was here Tuesday.
D. Wells HARRIS of the Alamo Guide was in town Saturday.
W. J. RIDDICK of Maury City was in town Monday.
Miss Katherine DAVIS of Dyersburg visited homefolks here Sunday.
Esq. NEAL of Maury City was here Monday.
Esq. & Mrs. J. F. PARK attended the Exposition at Knoxville last week.
Sam McNatt of Maury Junction attended the show last Friday night.
L. B. HARWELL Jr. of Clinton visited in the city last week.
Mr. & Mrs. J. T. Hamlett of St. Petersburg, Fla. came in last week to visit homefolks at Crockett Mills.
Ned YORK attended the Gibson County Fair last week.
Dr. D. A. Walker spent last week in Trenton where he was a judge in the Gibson County Fair.
Algie McNATT of Maury City attended the show here Friday night.
Mrs. A. S. WARMATH of Jackson visited her brother, T. G. AVERY and family last week, returning home Sunday. He husband came over Sunday and returned home with her.
Revel FONES attended the Trenton Fair last week.
The handsome home of W. H. SUDBURY on Church Street was discovered to be on fire Tuesday afternoon about 2:30. By hard fighting the flame was put out before any great damage was done. The fire originated in a room upstairs.