submitted by William Osborne
1860 Cocke Co., TN Census: Wilie (Wyly and Wiley) Hicks age 40 brn. abt. 1820 Cocke Co., TN, h/o Mary (Mary Bryant, age 40 brn. abt. 1820 TN), parents of James D. Hicks age 19, brn. abt. 1841 Cocke Co. TN.
1880 Cheatham Co. TN Census, pg. 14a: J. D. Hicks and A. R. Hicks (A. R. is Anna Russell Felts); in the 1900 Census it shows mother 'Mary' (Mary Bryant) living with them. Living next door or on the same property is Forrest Osborne and Susie (Susan E., Emma Sue), d/o James D. Hicks and Anna Russell Felts (1880 Census).
Hicks Families of Cocke CountyJoseph Hicks, 1753-1821, h/o unknown
f/o Moses Hicks, 1773-1839, h/o Susannah Childress, 1778-1841
Susanna Childress, 1778-1841, d/o Abraham Childress, 1756-?, and Susannah Lax
- Hicks-Childress children:
- Timothy Hicks, 1803-1881
- John, 1810-1884
- James Moses, 1812-1871
- Wiley, 1820 - 1873
Susannah Lax d/o William Lax, 1723-?, and Susannah Chandler, 1737-?
- other Childress-Lax children:
- Elizabeth, 1776-?
- Nancy, 1777-?
James Moses Hicks, 1812-1871, s/o Moses and Susannah, h/o Orpha O'Dell, 1814-1889
Orpha O'Dell w/o James Moses Hicks, d/o Caleb O'Dell, 1781-1864 and Rachell Clevenger
- Nancy, 1834-1849
- Rachel, 1835-1862
- Susannah, 1840-1881
- Elizabeth, 1843-1859
- William Rhoten, 1846-1921
- James Moses, 1849-1918
- Caleb, 1852-1946
- James Wiley, 1859-1947
- Henry, 1855-1869
- Orpha, 1856-1882
Nancy Hicks d/o James Moses Hicks and Orpha O'Dell w/o William Hatley, 1825-1871
- Caleb s/o Isaac O' Dell, 1750-1834, and Abagail Maxwell
- Isaac s/o Caleb O'Dell, 1725-?, and Alice Thorne
- Caleb s/o Isaac O'Dell, 1696-1763, and Sarah Hoyt
- Isaac s/o Isaac O'Dell, 1675-?, and Anna Patience Thompkins, 1672-?
- Isaac s/o William O'Dell, 1634-1697, and Sarah Vowels, 1635-1697
- William s/o William O'Dell, 1601-1676, and Rebecca Brown, 1606-1674
- William s/o John O'Dell, 1577-1656, and Susan Nichols
- John s/o Richard O'Dell, 1540-1636, and Elizabeth Pierce, 1540-?
- Richard s/o Richard O'Dell, 1518-?, and Anne Rogers, 1524-?
- Richard s/o Richard O'Dell, 1490-?, and Catherine Mangus, 1500-?
Rachell Hicks d/o James Moses Hicks and Orpha O'Dell w/o Thomas Wilson, ?-1861
Susannah Hicks d/o James Moses Hicks and Orpha O'Dell w/o Abraham Keener, 1835-1919
Orpha Hicks d/o James Moses Hicks and Orpha O'Dell w/o John West Davis ?
William Rhoten Hicks s/o James Moses Hicks and Orpha O'Dell h/o Sarah Madeline Bryant, 1850-1916
Wiley Hicks, 1820-1873, s/o Moses Hicks and Susannah Childress (see above)
- Oscar Lee Hicks, 1876-1947
- Lillie, 1878-?
- Lizzie E., 1879-?
- Thomas Brummit William, 1882-1963
- Lula R., 1885-?
- Maude W., 1889-?
- Tyson Clay, 1891-1970
- f/o James Dallas Hicks, 1840-1926, h/o Anna Russell Felts, 1849-?
- f/o Susie Emma Hicks, 1880-1937, w/o Forrest Lee Osborne, 1876-1939
- f/o Ollie Hicks Osborne, 1912-1962
- f/o William Larry Osborne, 1946-living.
Joseph Hicks, 1753-1821, f/o Moses Hicks, 1773-1839, f/o John Hicks, 1810-1884.
1850 Cocke Co.,TN Census, 11th. District, family #941: John Hicks, age 40, brn. 1810 Cocke Co., TN, occupation farmer; wife Serena Hicks, age 36, brn. 1814 NC, children:
Son Moses was named after his grandfather Moses Hicks, 1773-1839. In the 1880 Lower Cosby, Cocke Co., TN Census it shows son Moses, occupation farmer, age 34, brn. 1846 TN, wife Mary Ann Hicks (Denton/Keener), age 41, brn. 1839, GA.
- Candis, age 15, brn. 1835 TN
- James, 14, age brn. 1836 TN
- Elizabeth, age 12, brn. 1838 TN
- John, age 10, brn. 1840 TN
- Charity, age 8, brn. 1842 TN
- Moses, 6, brn. 1844 TN
- Nancy, age 4, brn. 1846 TN
- William, 1 mo., brn 1850 TN
1860 Cocke Co.,TN Census, 8th. District: Mary Keener, age 21, brn. 1839 GA.
In the 1880 Lower Cosby, Cocke Co.,TN Census it has children of Moses and Mary Hicks:
1900 Cocke Co.,TN Census, 10th District, family #95: Moses Hicks, age 54, and Mary A. Hicks age 61. Between them they had 8 children, 5 living. At family #93: daughter Isabel Keener, occupation farmer, age 37, widow, brn. Aug. 1862 TN, father brn. TN, mother brn. GA. Living with Isabel is son William Keener, age 20, brn. Dec. 1879, TN, and daughter-in-law Lillie A. Keener (Hartsell), age 16, brn. Sept. 1883, married 5 mo.
- Isabella 'Keener', age 18, brn. 1862, TN
- Jno. A. Hicks, age 14, brn. 1866 TN (named after his grandfather John 1810-1884)
- Serana J. Hicks (Serena Jane, named after her grandmother Serena, 1814-?), age 10, brn. 1870, TN
- Jas. Andrew Hicks (named after his uncle James Moses Hicks, 1812-1871), age 6, brn. 1874, TN
- Martha L. Hicks, age 4, brn. 1876
1920 Cocke Co. TN Census: Will and Lillie Keener, children Amber and Alton Keener.
Tennessee Deaths and Burials, 1874-1955: Lillie Hartsell Keener, brn. 1883 TN, death 29 July 1933, age 50, residence 5th District, Cocke Co., TN; father Isaac Hartsell brn. TN, mother Nancy Lorge brn. TN.
*See above Moses and Mary Ann Hicks, daughter Serena J. Hicks - Tennessee Death Records, 1914-1955: Serena Jane McGaha (Hicks), brn. abt. 1870 Cocke Co.,TN, death 14 June 1950, age 80, residence Newport, Cocke Co., TN, father Moses Hicks, mother Mary Denton.
William Rhoten Hicks 1846-1921, s/o James Moses Hicks 1812-1871, s/o Moses Hicks 1773-1839m s/o Joseph Hicks 1753-1821:
1900 Cocke Co.,TN Census, 9th. District, family #18: William R. Hicks age 54, brn. May 1846 TN, farmer, married 24 yrs., had 9 children, 7 living, parents brn. TN, wife Sarah (Sarah Madeline Bryant, 1850-1916, brn. TN, parents brn. TN). Children of William and Sarah:
William and Sarah Hicks' son Tyson C. married 25 Dec. 1912, Mollie Ray, brn. NC. In the 1920 Cocke Co., TN Census: Tyson 28, Mollie 29, children Winfred R., 6 yrs. 4 mo. and Sarah L., 4 yrs. 5 mo. Second mrg. to Edna Earl Godfrey, daughter Elizabeth Love Hicks. Third. mrg. to Nellie Lucille Midlam, son Teddy Lee Hicks.
- Lillie, age 21, brn. Aug. 1878 TN, single
- Lizzie E., age 20, brn. Sept. 1879 TN, single
- Thomas B., age 18, brn. Apr. 1882 TN, single
- Lula R., age 14, brn. Jul. 1885 TN
- Maude M., age 10, brn. June 1889 TN
- Tyson C., age 9, brn. May 1891 TN
- Oscar L., age 23, brn. Aug. 1876 TN, married 1 yr., wife Bertie T. (Bertie Fine, age 22, brn. Aug. 1877 TN), son Cowper, age 3 mo., brn. Feb.1900 TN
William and Sarah Hicks daughter Maudie Mae married Vernon Moore Atkinson; children Ruby Elaine, Verna Mae, and Gordon Glen Atkinson.
William and Sarah Hicks daughter Lula R. Hicks brn. Jul.1885 Cocke Co.,TN, d. age 23, single; 06 Mar. 1909 Newport, Cocke Co., TN.
William and Sarah Hicks daughter Lillie Jane Hicks brn. Aug 1878 Cocke Co.,TN, d. 03 Apr. 1954 age 76, Rural, Cocke Co., TN.
In the 1920 Cocke, TN. Census it shows daughters Lillie, Lizzie, and Maude as being single, ages 42, 41, and 30 living with their father William Rhoten Hicks. The following year William died age 75, 03 Nov.1921, Newport, Cocke Co., TN, occupation mail carrier; buried Bryants Cemetery
William and Sarah's son Oscar L. Hicks died 23 Feb. 1947, Dickson Co. TN, age 70, widowed (Bertie Fine), occupation Justice of the Peace, burial place Newport, TN. Oscar and Bertie's son Cowper (William Cowper Hicks) brn. Feb. 1900, Cocke Co., TN; died 23 Feb. 1934, Precinct 7, Cameron, TX, age 34, divorced, occupation 14 yrs. druggist, burial place Newport, TN. Cowper married Mamie Ardella Redmond, daughter Betty Hicks. Children: Burnett Walter Hicks brn.20 Jun.1904 Newport, Cocke Co., TN, d. 25 Sept. 1985 Cameron Co. TX.; Jennie Lou Hicks brn. 25 Jul.1915 Newport, Cocke TN, d. 15 feb. 1999 Conroe, Montgomery Co. TX.; Judge Henderson Hicks brn. 23 Sept. 1908 Cocke Co., TN.; d.30 Jul. Cocke Co., TN.
Bertie Fine's family 1900 Cocke Co.,TN Census, 10th. District, family #140-141: Allen C. Fine, age 49, brn. June 1850 TN, parents brn. TN, married 29 yrs., 7 children, 7 living, wife Mary, age 57 (brn. TN, parents brn. TN). Allen and Mary's children:
- Isabella, age 28, brn. Feb. 1872 TN, single
- Diva, age 25, brn. Jul. 1874 TN, single
- Erie (dau.), age 23, brn. June 1876 TN, single
- Allie or Ollie (dau.), age 20, brn. Apr. 1880 TN, single
- Arthur, age 15, brn. June 1884 TN, single
- Glennie, age 13, brn. Apr. 1887 TN, single
- grandson Ova or Orva, age 8, brn. Apr. 1892 TN
1850 Cocke Co.,TN Census 11th. District, family #491: Rachel O'Dell (Clevenger), age 69, brn. VA, living with William Hatley, age 25, brn. TN, farmer; wife Nancy Hatley (Hicks), age 32, brn. TN; children: 'Orphey', age 2, (named after Orphey O'Dell, wife of James Moses Hicks), and Elizabeth, age 1, brn. TN.
Living next door at family # 490 is James Hicks, age 38, brn. TN, farmer; wife 'Orphey' Hicks (O'Dell), age 36, brn. TN, children: 'Rachel', age 14, brn. TN (named after Rachel O'Dell Clevenger), Susannah, age 9, brn. TN; Elizabeth, age 6, brn. TN; William, age 4, brn. TN; James, age 1, brn. TN
Rachel O'Dell (Clevenger) brn. 1781, Frederick VA, d/o Asa Clevenger (brn. 15 Sept. 1748, Frederick Co. VA; death 16 Feb. 1809, Frederick Co. VA; married 1770, Federick Co. VA, wife Hannah Wright (brn. 14 Feb. 1758; death 16 Feb. 1809, Frederick VA)).
Asa Clevenger s/o George Clevenger (brn. 10 Oct. 1714, New Hanover, Monmouth Co., NJ; death 25 Dec. 1834, VA, Frederick, MD; married 19 July 1737, New Hanover, Burlington Co., NJ; wife Deliverance Horner (brn. 18 Dec. 1708, Northhampton, Burlington Co., N.J.; Death Frederick VA)).
George Clevenger s/o John Clevenger (brn. 27 April 1678, Yonkers, Westchester Co., NY; death 1746, Shrewsbury, Monmouth Co., NJ; married 1704; wife Mary Platt (brn. 1678, Yonkers, Westchester Co., NY.; death 1750, Monmouth, NJ)).
John Clevenger s/o George Clevenger (brn.1654 England, United Kingdom; death Apr. 1684, Yonkers, Westchester Co., NY, married 1676 Yonkers, Westchester Co., NY; wife Sarah Hadden (brn. 7 July 1662, Yonkers, Westchester Co., NY, death 1691, Yonkers, Westchester Co., NY)).
George Clevenger s/o John Clevenger (brn. 1633, England; death 1654, New Jersey; married 1650, New Jersey, wife Mary Mnu (brn. 1637 England; death 1654 England.))
John Clevenger s/o George and Sarah Clevenger?
Caleb O'Dell h/o Rachel O'Dell (Clevenger) d/o Asa Clevenger & Hannah Wright d/o Thomas Wright (brn. 14 Jan. 1720, New Garden, Chester Co., PA; death 18 aug. 1765, Frederick Co., Winchester, VA; married 1747, Hopewell, Mm, Frederick Co., VA; wife Esther Hiatt: brn. 1 Feb. 1731, Bucks, PA; death 6 Mar. 1778, Frederick Co., VA).
Thomas Wright s/o James Wright (brn. 1671, Nottingham, Chester Co., PA; death 15 July 1759, Frederick Co., VA; married 26 Feb. 1707, East Nottingham, Chester Co., PA; wife Mary Davis: brn. 2 Dec. 1689, Prince Georges Co., MD; death 6 Mar. 1764, Frederick Co., VA).
Esther Hiatt d/o George Hiatt (brn. 1698, Doylestown, Bucks Co., PA; death 28 Oct. 1793, Guilford Co., NC; married 1724, Bucks Co., PA; wife Martha Wakefield: brn. 1700, Belfast, Antrim Co., Ireland, death 12 Feb. 1794, New Garden, Guilford Co., NC).
George Clevenger and Deliverance Horner, d/o Joshua Horner (brn. 14 Sept. 1676, Tadcaster, Yorkshire Parish, England; death 13 Feb. 1721, Springfield Twp. Burlington Co.,NJ; married 1701, Burlington Co., NJ; wife Mary Horner: brn. 1670, Yonkers, Westchester Co., NY, death 1750, Monmouth, NJ).
Isaac O'Dell and Anna Patience Tompkins, d/o Nathaniel Thompkins (brn. abt. 1633 Concord, Middlesex Co., MA, death 6 Sept. 1684, wife Elizabeth Hannah White: brn. abt. 1650, Milford, NH).
Nathaniel Thompkins s/o John Tompkins (brn. abt. 1610, Edlesbourough, Bucks, England; death 23 June 1684, Salem, Essex Co., MA; married 27 Aug. 1632, Edlesborough, Bucks, England; wife Margaret Goodman/Oldham: brn. abt. 1612, Edlesborough, Bucks, England, death 18 Jul. 1672, Salem, Essex Co., MA).
John Tompkins s/o Ralph Tomkins/Tomkyns (brn. 1585, Monington, Hereford, England; death 1666, Salem, Essex Co., MA; married 6 Nov. 1608, Bucks, England; wife Katherine Cardwell/Foster: brn. abt. 1590, Edelesborough, Bucks, England).
As you can see, all of these families' descendants worked their way from the north into Virginia and North Carolina and eventually to east and northeast Tennessee. Cocke and all surrounding counties are filled with these names.
William Larry Osborne brn. 28 Feb. 1946 Vanderbilt Hosp. Nashville, Davidson Co., TN; s/o Ollie Hicks Osborne brn. 1912 Nashville, Davidson Co., TN, died 31 May 1962 Barberton Hosp., Barberton, OH and s/o Daisy Mae Osborne (Clouse), brn. 14 Nov. 1917 Nashville, Davidson Co., TN, died 08 Sept. 1986 Barberton Hosp., Barberton, OH
Ollie and Daisy Osborne's children:
- Charles Edward, 1941-2005
- George Ronald, 1942-1988
- Louis Warren, 1943-1969
- Robert Dean, 1945-1945
- William Larry, 1946-living
- Elisabeth Louise, 1948-living
- Kenneth Richard, 1958-living
- Step Daughter, Bertha Mae Edwards,living
Ollie Hicks Osborne's parents: Forest Lee Osborne,1878-1939 Nashville, Davidson Co., TN and Susan E./Emma Sue Osborne (Hicks) 1880-1937 Nashville, Davidson Co., TN.
Daisy Mae Osborne (Clouse) parents: Haston Mansfield Clouse, 1887-1963, Nashville, Davidson Co., TN and Elizabeth "Lizzie" Bumbalough, 1889-1946 Cheatham, Davidson Co., TN
Forest Lee Osborne's parents: William F. Osborne,1856-1911 Nashville, Davidson Co., TN and Anna M. Osborne (Booker) b:?-d:?, Davidson Co.,TN
Haston Mansfield Clouse parents: William C. Clouse,1866-1944, Cookeville, Putnam Co. TN and Nancy Drucilla Clouse (Miller) 1868-1888 Putnam Co., TN
Susan E. Osborne (Hicks) parents: James Dallas Hicks 1840-1926 Joelton, Davidson Co., TN and Russell A./Anna Russell Hicks (Felts) 1849-1925 Joelton, TN
Elizabeth 'Lizzie' Clouse (Bumbalough's) parents: Jesse Sewell Bumbalough 1850-1914 Board Valley, White Co.,TN and Eliza Bumbalough (Milligan) 1852-1908 White Co.,TN
Susan E./Emma Sue Hicks 1880-1937, d/o James Dallas, 'J.D.' Hicks 1840-1936, s/o Wyley P. Hicks 1820-1873, s/o Moses Hicks 1773-1839, s/o Joseph Hicks 1753-1821
Siblings of Susan E. Hicks:
- Mary J. 1870-?
- Reta C. 1871-?
- Dallas J. 1874-1948
- Nancy E. 1876-?
- Martha C. 1878-?
Parents: James Dallas Hicks 1840-1926 and Russell/Anna Russell Felts 1848-1925
- Wyley P. Hicks 1820-1873, h/o Mary Hicks (Bryant)1821-1900
- Moses Hicks 1773-1839, h/o Susanna Hicks (Childress) 1778-1841
Daisy Mae Osborne (Clouse) 1917-1986, d/o Haston Mansfield Clouse 1887-1963, s/o William Carroll Clouse 1866-1944, s/o William Riley Clouse 1835-1888, s/o Thomas James Clouse 1801-1872, s/o John Dillard Clouse 1775-1859, s/o George Washington Clouse 1740-1810, s/o Thomas Clouse 1710-?
William Riley Clouse 1835-1888 and Loucilla "Lou" Randolph 1835/36-1886 mrd 2/1/1854 White Co., TN (great-great grandparents)
- Elizabeth Clouse 1855-1908 mrd. Leir (?) S. Bumbalough 4/6/1876 White Co. TN
- Louisa M. Clouse 1857-1924 mrd. Peter Mansfield Treadway 12/30/1873 White Co. TN
- Mary Jane Clouse 1858-1870 died age 12, 1870
- Susannah Belle "Susan" Clouse 1859-1951 mrd. Lafayette Kidwell 1/5/1884 White. Co TN
- James Franklin Wilford Clouse 1864-1942 mrd. Mary Ellen Short
- William C. Clouse 1866-1944 mrd. Nancy Drucilla Miller 12/21/1885 White Co. TN; two other marriages, see below
- John F. Clouse (1870 census) 1868-?; other records suggest this is John Thomas Clouse mrd. to Celia Catherine Bussell 3/10/1889 White Co. TN
- Dudley Mansfield Clouse 1871-1942 mrd. Cora Robinson 4/30/1892 White Co. TN
- Martha Louise Clouse 1873-1941 mrd. James George Miller 12/2/1886 White Co. TN
- Wesley Clouse 1876-1940 mrd. Elzada "Elzadie, Zadie" Null 10/17/1897 White Co. TN
- Charles Clouse 1880-1963 mrd. Lola Bumbalough 2/21/1906 White Co. TN
See above, son William C. Clouse and Nancy Drucilla Miller (great-grandparents). First wife Nancy died at the age of 20 (1868-1888). Their children were:
- James Taylor Clouse 1885-1887 died at the age of 1+ and
- Haston Mansfield Clouse 1887-1963 mrd. Elizabeth "Lizzie" Bumbalough 1889-1946 8/13/1905 White Co. TN (grandparents)
William Riley Clouse second marriage to Millie Mitchell 1862-1922 mrd 4/30/1892 White Co. TN. Children:
- Oliver Lee Clouse 1895-1961 mrd. Stella Bumbalough 9/13/1914 Putnam Co. TN (Putnam Co. borders White Co.)
- Norman Curtis Clouse 1897-1974 mrd. Grace "Gracie" Henry 4/14/1918 Putnam Co. TN
- Claude Vanderbilt Clouse 1898-1969 mrd. Sarah V. Randolph 4/17/1918 Putnam Co. TN
William Riley Clouse third marriage to Jayanna (or Joanna) Phy 1891-1952: their daughter married ? Franklin.
In the 1870 census, White Co. TN, Dist No. 11, pg. 17, dwelling 116: Dudley Randolph, age 39, and M.J. Randolph (female) age 16, is living with William Riley Clouse and Loucilla Randolph (Clouse); obviously very close family of Loucilla's. She named one of her sons Dudley and one of the daughters Mary Jane (M.J.). Both girls in the census are listed as M.J.
See above, Dudley Mansfield Clouse mrd. Cora Robinson. The Robinsons were Neighbors of William and Loucilla in 1870; there were several Randolph families in the immediate vicinity.
Daisy Mae Osborne (Clouse), d/o Haston Mansfield Clouse 1887-1963 and Elizabeth 'Lizzie' Bumbalough 1889-1946, d/o Jesse S. Bumbalough 1850-1897, s/o Isaac S. Bumbalough 1813-1897, s/o Issac Bumbalough 1770-1830, s/o Isaac Bumbalough 1742-1800, s/o Isaac E. Bumbalough 1710-?, s/o Edward Bumbalough 1680-1717
The Osborne connection to the families Of Cheatham County, Tennessee 1800's
William Larry Osborne s/o Ollie Hicks Osborne s/o Forrest Lee Osborne and Susan E. Hicks d/o James Dallas Hicks and Anna Russell Felts.
The following is just a few connections to the Binkley Families:
- Martha F. Felts and Geo. W. Binkley mrd. 6/29/1864
- Mary L. Felts and James M. Binkley mrd. 12/17/1882
- Nancy Felts and M. Binkley mrd. 10/17/1866
- Hardy D. Felts and Joanna Binkley mrd. 3/12/1825
- J. A. Felts and Lou Binkley (bride) mrd. 6/14/1879
- Josie Hicks and H. J. Binkley (groom) mrd. 3/16/1894
- Mollie Hicks and Z. T. Binkley mrd. 8/1/1894
- Geo. W. Felts and Henrietta Binkley mrd. 7/24/1850
Osborne-Hicks-Felts connection to the Carney families
- W. D. Felts and Willie B. Carney (bride) mrd. 2/14/1886
- Max O. Felts and Maggie J. Carney mrd. 11/25/1878
- Latica Felts and J. W. Carney mrd. 9/11/1869
- S. J. Felts and Joshua Carney mrd. 2/15/1877
- S. J. Felts (bride) and J. H. Carney mrd. 1/20/1881
- Susan Felts and E. B. Carney mrd. 2/1/1865
Binkley and Carney
- Catherine Binkley and Jno. B. C. Carney mrd. 9/9/1833
- Eliza Binkley and Enry Carney mrd. 5/29/1857
- G. C. Binkley and George Carney mrd. 9/1/1889
- Lavina Binkley and William M. Carney mrd. 2/6/1867
- Nancy Ann Binkley and Allen Carney mrd. 6/12/1852
- Sallie B. Binkley and A. P. Carney mrd. 12/26/1896
- Sina Binkley and Joshua Carney mrd. 3/3/1835
- Leonard Binkley and Tabitha Carney mrd12/16/1858
Osborne-Hicks-Felts connection to the Morris families
- Preston Hicks and Mary Morris mrd. 12/23/1888
Morris and Binkley
- Charlotte Morris and A. M. Binkley mrd. 10/2/1869
- Eliza Morris and John R. Binkley mrd. 5/19/1866
- Elizabeth Morris and H. W. Binkley mrd. 9/23/1867
- Hulda Morris and William Binkley mrd. 4/14/1848
- Julisa Morris and Adam Binkley mrd. 6/30/1828
- L. B. Morris (bride) and A. M. Binkley mrd. 4/17/1890
- Mary Morris and Henry Binkley mrd. 2/5/1876
- Nancy Morris and Hiram Binkley mrd. 4/16/1836
- Nettie Morris and E. T. Binkley mrd. 7/13/1895
- Tabitha Morris and Peter Binkley mrd. 4/2/1831
- Joshua Morris and Angeline Binkley mrd. 12/27/1876
- Mathew Morris and Martha J. Binkley mrd. 2/10/1854
- H. L. Morris and Nancy Ann Binkley mrd. 10/2/1869
- Isaac E. Morris and Elestus C. Carney mrd. 1/31/1826
Osborne-Hicks-Felts connection to the Perry families
- Lurina Hicks and John H. Perry mrd. 9/18/1894
- G. M. Felts and Alice Perry mrd. 11/8/1894
- J. H. Felts and Jo Perry (bride) mrd. 4/1/1888
- G. W. Felts and Sarah Perry mrd. 12/22/1887
- Nancy Ann Perry and William Binkley mrd. 10/25/1850
- F. C. Perry and Hattie Binkley mrd. 12/26/1896
- Thomas Perry and Malinda Binkley mrd. 8/31/1831
Osborne-Hicks-Felts connection to the Hudgins families
- Atlanta Felts (bride) and J. S. Hudgins mrd. 12/20/1894
- Walter A. Felts and Lizzie Hudgins mrd. 1/28/1882
- Loucinda Hudgins and W. J. Cullum mrd.11/20/1884
- Susan R. Felts and David C. Cullum mrd. 8/21/1867
- Harriet Hudgins and Albert Lane mrd. 10/6/1881
- J. A. Lane (bride) and R. P. Osborne mrd. 1892
Hudgins and Perry, Hudgins and Harris, Hudgins and Walker, Hudgins and Boyd, Boyd and Binkley, Boyd and Carney, Boyd and Harris etc., all of these families are a link in the Osborne chain. This work was made possible by the generous spirit and hard work of Bonnie Hudgins. Thanks Bonnie Hudgins for all of your good works; it is greatly appreciated.
- J. D. Felts and Martha Harris mrd. 12/25/1890
- James Felts and Roena Harris mrd. 2/6/1897
- M. E. Felts (bride) and Elias Harris mrd. 12/19/1887
Harris and Binkley
- Nannie Harris and Riley Binkley mrd. 1/11/1891
- S. D. Harris (bride) and D. W. Binkley mrd. 12/19/1889
- Ionie? Harris and Thomas Binkley mrd. 11/11/1893
- Kissie Harris and A. J. Binkley mrd. 2/28/1865
- W. H. Harris and Dollie Binkley mrd. 10/15/1894
- G. W. Harris (groom) and M. A. Binkley mrd. 12/23/1882
- James W. Harris and Nancy M. Binkley mrd. 9/20/1854
- Charles Harris and Willie Binkley mrd. 8/9/1882
Harris and Carney
- S. D. Harris (bride) & H. J. Carney mrd. 9/6/1860
Harris and Perry
- Fannie Harris and Richard Perry mrd. ? /11/1883
- (see pr. pgs. Osborne-Hicks-Felts and Binkley, Carney, Perry)
Osborne-Hicks-Felts connection to the Walker families
- L. W. Osborne (groom) and H. L. Walker mrd. 12/25/1887
- W. Felts and Adelia Walker mrd. 11/5/1896
- Isabelle Felts and Haddis Walker mrd. 3/19/1927
Walker and Binkley
- A. M. Walker (groom) and S. A. Binkley mrd. 10/26/1859
- N. B. Walker (bride) and M. L. Morris mrd. 8/11/1889
Walker and Perry
- J. Walker (groom) and Lena Perry mrd. 1/12/1888
Walker and Harris
- Jennie Walker and Jessie Harris mrd. 2/2/1888
Walker and Hudgens
- Rosa Walker and Samuel Hudgens mrd.5/15/1897
- (see pr. pgs. Osborne-Hicks-Felts connection to the Hudgens families)
- W. O. Hudgens and Flossie Perry mrd. 6/26/1914
- C. W. Hudgens and Ollie Harris (bride) mrd.12/11/1894
- J. Z. Hudgens and Amelia Harris mrd. 9/25/1856
- Walter Hudgens and Lela Harris mrd. 11/?/1900
Hudgens and Boyd
- W. S. Hudgens and M. Boyd (bride) mrd. 2/19/1882
Boyd and Binkley
- Mary Isbella Boyd and A. F. Binkley mrd. 12/27/1873
- Matilda Boyd and Tazwell M. Binkley mrd. 10/6/1842
- Ervin Boyd and Dora Binkley mrd. /22/1918
- John Boyd and Harriet D. Binkley mrd.10/19/1867
Boyd and Carney
- Mariah Boyd and Issac T. Carney mrd. 4/11/1845
- George W. Boyd and Nancy J. Carney mrd. 6/28/1876
- (see pr. pgs. Osborne-Hicks-Felts connection to the Binkley, Carney, Perry, Hudgens, Harris and Walker families)
Osborne-Hicks-Felts connection to the Cullum families
- Susan R. Felts and David C. Cullum mrd. 8/21/1867
- W. J. Cullum and Loucinda Hudgens mrd. 11/20/1884
- Wm. Cullum and Zaney Boyd mrd. 10/2/1834
- Mary Boyte Cullum and Douglas Binkley mrd. 11/21/1894
- Maud Cullum and John Morris mrd. 10/9/1887
- Jennie Lee Cullum and James R. Harris mrd. 11/20/1894
Thomas OSBORNE, Lord High Treasurer, First Duke Of Leeds 1631- 1712; married Lady Bridget BERTIE in 1651, d/o Montagu BERTIE, 2nd Earl Of Lindsey and Martha COKAYNE.
Wife: Lady Bridget Bertie
- 1: Lady Catherine Osborne b. - d. ?; married Hon. James Herbert, b.- d. ? son of Philip Herbert, 4th Earl of Pembroke
- 2: Lady Bridget Osborne b. ?-d. 9 May 1718; married firstly, Charles Fitzcharles 1st Earl of Plymouth, son of Charles The Second, King of Great Britain and Catherine Pegge. Charles Fitzcharles h/o Lady Bridget Osborne died two years after their marriage at Tangier, Morocco, 17 Oct. 1680, age 32; Lady Bridget’s second marriage, Philip Bisse, Bishop of Hereford in 1705
- 3: Edward Osborne, Viscount Latimer b.1655- d. Jan. 1688
- 4: Lady Anne Osborne b. 1657- d. 1722; married firstly, Robert Coke, b. ?-d. 16 Jan. 1678; Lady Anne’s second marriage, Horatio Walpole b. ?- d.17 Oct. 1717, s/o Sir Edward Walpole and Susan Crane
- 5: Peregrine Osborne, 2nd Duke of Leeds, b. abt. 1659- d. 25 Jun. 1729; he married Bridget Hyde d/o Sir Thomas Hyde, Baronet; Peregrine’s titles included 2nd Viscount Osborne of Dunblane; 2nd Baron Osborne of Kiveton, Co. York; 2nd Viscount Latimer of Danby, Co.York; 2nd Marquess of Carmarthen; 2nd Earl of Danby; and 2nd Duke of Leeds
- 6: Lady Sophia Osborne b.1661- d. 8 Dec. 1746; married firstly, Donogh O’Brien, Lord Ibracken, s/o Henry O’Brien, Lord O’Brien and Katherine Stuart, Baroness Clifton of Leighton Bromswold; Lady Sophia married secondly, William Fermor, 1st Baron Leominster, s/o Sir William Fermor, 1st Baronet and Mary Perry
- 7: Martha Osborne, Lady Lansdown, b. abt. 1664- d. 11 Sept. 1689; married Charles Granville, 2nd Earl of Bath, s/o John Granville, 1st Earl of Bath and Jane Wyche
Mary PERRY ?- 1670 married firstly Hon. Henry NOEL s/o Edward NOEL, 2nd Viscount Campden and Hon. Juliana HICKS; she married secondly, Sir William FERMOR, 1st Baronet, s/o Sir Hutton FERMOR and Anne COKAYNE
Children of Mary PERRY and Sir William FERMOR, 1st Baronet: Henry FERMOR and William FERMOR, 1st Baron Leominster 1648- 1711, married 1691 Lady Sophia OSBORNE, d/o Thomas OSBORNE, 1st Duke Of Leeds and Lady Bridget BERTIE.
Lady Elizabeth BERTIE b ?- 1683; d/o Montagu BERTIE, 2nd Earl Of Lindsey and Martha COKAYNE; married 1655 Baptist NOEL, 3rd Viscout Campden s/o Edward NOEL, 2nd Viscount Campden and Hon. Juliana HICKS.
Hon. Juliana HICKS b. ?- 1680; d/o Baptist HICKS, 1st Viscount Campden and Elizabeth MAY; married 1605 Edward NOEL, 2nd Viscount Campden, s/o Sir Andrew NOEL and Mabel HARINGTON.
Mary HICKS b.?- 1710 d/o Sir William HICKS, 2nd Baronet, married James DARCY, 1st. Baron Of Navan in 1693.
Francis Godolphin OSBORNE, Marquess Of Carmarthen, 5th Duke Of Leeds 1751- 1799; married 1773 Amelia DARCY, Marchioness Of Carmarthen, 12th Baroness Darcy De Knayth, 9th Baroness Conyers and 5th Countess Of Mertola; children:
- Lord George William Frederick OSBORNE
- Lord Francis Godolphin OSBORNE
- Baron Godolphin
- Lady Henrietta Juliana OSBORNE
Francis and Amelia divorced in May 1779, Amelia then married Captain John, "Mad Jack" BYRON, s/o Admiral BYRON, and father by his second wife of Lord BYRON the poet/author, George Gordon NOEL, 6th Baron BYRON Of Rochdale 1788- 1824; married Anne Isabella NOEL, Baroness WENTWORTH, d/o Sir Ralph Milbanke NOEL, 6th Baronet and Hon. Judith NOEL.
Richard Osborne born 1488 - d.?, husband of Elizabeth Flydane born 1491 - d. ?, England. Parents of:
- 1: Sir Edward Osborne, b. ? - d. 1591, held office of Lord Mayor Of London 1583 - ?; invested as a Knight of The Order of The Garter in 1583; married Anne Hewett d/o Sir William Hewett, held office of Lord Mayor of London 1559 - ?. Children of Sir Edward Osborne and Anne Hewett:
- 1: Alice Osborne b. 4 Mar. 1562 - d. 1625; married Sir John Peyton,1st Baronet b. abt. 1560 d. abt. 1616; Sir John Peyton created 1st Baronet Peyton of Isleham Co., Cambridge in 1611.
- 2: Sir Hewett Osborne b. 13 Mar. 1566 - d. Sept. 1599; invested as a Knight of The Order of The Garter in 1599 at Ireland by the Earl of Essex; married Joyce Fleetwood; residence Kiveton, Yorkshire England
- 2: Richard Osborne b. 1510 England, d.11 Aug. 1581; married Jane Broughton b. 1514 England, d. ?. Children of Richard Osborne and Jane Broughon:
- 1: Sir Edward Osborne b. - d. ?
- 2: Thomas Osborne b. abt. 1530 Ashford, Kent. England, d. 12 Oct. 1611 Ashford, Kent, England; married Elizabeth Wilmeth Mellis b. abt. 1538, d. 8 Feb. 1599 Ashford, Kent, England
Children of Alice Osborne and Sir John Peyton, 1st Baronet
- 1: Anne Peyton b. ? - d. 27 Sept. 1640 at Ryburgh, Norfold, England; married Sir Robert Bacon, 3rd Baronet b. aft. 1570 - d. Dec. 1655; he held the office of Member Of Parliament for St. Ives from 1621 - ?
- 2: Elizabeth Peyton b. - d. ?; married Sir Anthony Irby b. 9 Jan. 1576 - d. 1610; he held the office of Member of Parliament for Lincolnshire and ofice of High Sheriff
- 3: Frances Peyton b. - d. ?; married Sir Miles Hobart b. 12 Apr. 1595 - d. Dec. 1639; invested as a Knight of The Order Of The Garter 1st Feb. 1625, residence Plumstead, Norfold, England
Children of Sir Hewett Osborne and Joyce Fleetwood:
- 1: Sir Edward Osborne,1st Baronet, b. 12 Dec. 1596 - d. 9 Sept. 1647; married firstly Margaret Belayse b. ? - d. 7 Nov. 1624; d/o Thomas Belayse, 1st Viscount Fauconberg of Henknowle; child Edward Osborne b. ? - d. 1638; second marriage Anne Walmesley b. - d. ?; son Thomas Osborne 1st Duke of Leeds, b. 20 Feb. 1631 - d. 26 Jul. 1712; he was Lord Treasurer of England; Chief Minister of King Charles the Second and William the Third and Queen Mary's Chief Advisor; he engineered the marriage of Queen Mary, King Charles’ niece, and William of Orange, and played a key role in bringing them to the throne; during his lifetime his titles included 1st Duke of Leeds, 1st Viscount Osborne, 1st Viscount Latimer, 1st Earl of Danby, 1st Marquess of Carmarthen; elected Member of Parliament for York; Joint Treasurer of the Navy and subsequently Sole Treasurer; appointed Commissioner of the Admiralty; Lord President of Council; invested as a Privy Counsellor and invested as Knight of The Order Of The Garter; he married Lady Bridget Bertie b. 20 Feb. 1631 - d. 26 Jul. 1712, d/o Montagu Bertie, 2nd Earl of Lindsey and Martha Cokayne. Thomas Osborne and Anne Walmesley’s daughter Lady Bridget Osborne, b. ? - d. 9 May 1718, married Charles Fitzcharles, 1st Earl of Plymouth, son of Charles The Second, King of Great Britain.
All Rights Reserved. The information contained within this web site, may be used by individual researchers, libraries and genealogical societies, however, commercial or for-profit use of this information is strictly prohibited without prior permission. If copied, this copyright notice, must appear with the information. The copyright of the actual information, documents or images contained here is held by the submitter.