Submitted by Naomi Chadwick
Hugh Clark was born March 11, 1841 in Cocke County, TN. Mary Ann was born August 17, 1843 in Cocke County, TN. Hugh and Mary Ann married April 14, 1861 in Cocke County, Tennessee. Hugh Clark was the son of John Hunter Clark and Mary Ann “Polly” Hood. Mary Ann Bible was the daughter of Jacob Biel Bible and Arabel Cleary. Hugh and Mary Ann lived in Del Rio, Tennessee, where they had eight children:
- Joseph Ezra b. April 4, 1862 married Margaret Franklin Fry
- Mary Ellen b. October 13, 1864 married William Lafayette “Faith” Profit
- John Mordecai b. September 22, 1867 married 1) Nancy Stinnett and 2) Nora Seay
- William Andrew b. August 25, 1870 married Malinda Cordelia Able
- Sarah Jane b. October 14, 1875 married Arthur Sidney Luckie
- Judy Maybell b. May 30, 1879 married Moses Calvin Linebarger
- Oceola “Ocie” b. October 20, 1882 married Henry Terry
- Loyd Robert b. March 39, 1886 married Lela Lillien Cayce
Hugh and Mary Ann moved from Del Rio, TN, to Pleasant Valley Community, Marble Falls, Burnet County, Texas, in 1873. Hugh and Mary Ann are buried at the Richland Cemetery between Marble Falls and Smithwick in Burnet County, Texas.
All Rights Reserved. The information contained within this web site, may be used by individual researchers, libraries and genealogical societies, however, commercial or for-profit use of this information is strictly prohibited without prior permission. If copied, this copyright notice, must appear with the information. The copyright of the actual information, documents or images contained here is held by the submitter.