Many thanks to Rick
for transcribing the census and
donating a copy to the
Campbell County TNGenWeb Project.
- Column 1
– Dwelling-Houses numbered in the order of visitation.
- Column 2
– Families numbered in the order of visitation.
- Column 3
– The Name of every Person whose usual place of abode on the first
day of June 1850, was in this family.
- Column 4
- Column 5
- Column 6
– Color (white, black or mulatto) (blank indicates white)
- Column 7
– Profession, Occupation, or Trade of each Male Person over 15 years of
- Column 8
– Value of Real Estate owned.
- Column 9
– Place of Birth, Naming the State, Territory, or Country.
- Column 10
– Married within the year. (indicated with an X)
- Column 11
– Attended school within the year. (indicated with an X)
- Column 12
– Persons over 20 years of age who cannot read & write. (indicated with
- Column 13
– Whether deaf and dumb, blind, insane, idiotic, pauper, or convict.
Schedule I - Free Inhabitants in 16th Subdivision in the County of Anderson
State of Tennessee enumerated by me, on the 8th day of November 1850. John Black Ass't Marshal.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
1090 1098 Clinton Jail
Foy, William B. (1849) 20 m farmer TN forgery
Taylor, William J. (1850) 19 m farmer TN larceny
Huton, Jonathan (1850) 25 m farmer assult
1091 1099 Black, John 38 m farmer TN
Black, Elizabeth 32 f TN
Black, Samuel 10 m TN X
Black, Matilda 7 f TN X
Black, Mary J. 2 f TN
| CENSUS HOME PAGE
| 1850 CENSUS PAGE
| WHAT'S NEW
Campbell County TNGenWeb
Census Transcription Project
Campbell County TNGenWeb Project
This page was last updated
on Wednesday, August 12, 2015