Informaion On People of Color
In Anderson Co TN
To the People of Color In Anderson County Tennessee.
The TnGenWeb has a project about People of Color.
A special section has been presented by the state and county co-ordinators.
Anderson County is proud to be part of the project.
- African American Bookstores Past and Present
- Black Literature
- African American Studies
- Gadson Family. Tribe of Gad , an African slave family.
- Levi Weaver. A long up-standing family.
- Joe Hardy. Colored coal miner of Briceville.
- Colored Marriages (1866-1879).
- 1870 Census. Colored extractions only.
- Oak Ridge colored families. Uncle John Tate and Aunt Priscilla.
- Mt. Sinai Baptist Church
- Asbury Methodist Church
- Littleleaf Church.
- Slavery in Anderson County, Tennessee.
- Blacks in Tennessee 1791 – 1970. The bombing of Clinton High School.
- Green-McAdoo Cultural Center